Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Shows: We're not able to play this video in your current location

Spotify Shows: We're not able to play this video in your current location

Hi,

I really loved the new addition, the shows. But unfortunatelly I am not being able to use, every time I tap on any clip, I hit this error:

We're not able to play this video in your current location!

It is really strange, I am able to play songs as usual, I turned off my location in Android device and I am using Sptify from US.

Regards,

14 Replies

Hey @na9r

Are you still having trouble? Can you try logging out of the app and then log back in? (this won't delete any data)

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same trouble, I can`t watch shows.

I have same problem

I have the same Problem. I live in Germany and before week or so i came to visit my Parents in Macedonia. Now everytime when I try to use my podcast and Videos got same error "We're not able to play this video in your current location!"
Please need help
I'm premium member

I have the same problem. I am a premium member from Puerto Rico. Has anyone solved this yet?

Same here, dare say incredibly annoying since it's stopping the playlist altogether also.

Really Spotify -months and months later still not solved? That's the worst customer support I've seen in a LONGGGG while.

We are paying for it 😞

Yup, I'm having the same exact issue

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 4.16.54 PM.png

Yup, I'm having the same exact issue

I have the same problem with the same error but i am not trying to watch any video. Just listening some playlist. It is a playlist but not really, i have to manually click play on every error on every song.

I use the "Shuffle" feature a lot, that works just fine, but than, all of a sudden the music stops... if I check Spotify, it says "We're not able to play this video..." (see attachment).

It would be much apreciated if Spotify would just skip this message.

BTW: I use it to listen to music, not to watch videos! 🙂

not_able_to_play.jpg

Same issue here, just tried using Spotify in Heathrow coming from the U.S.  I'll definitely be cancelling my premium membership if it's going to be this big of an issue using it in Europe. 

I am having the same issue. From what I understand it was from being connected to a VPN. I use a VPN while working, so that is a must.

It would be great if Spotify app just skipped the unplayable song/video and went to next. Really stops productivity having to switch back to app and press next. In that case I just use another site/app.

I dont have a problem with my country I just can't watch videos in general. There are no videos on my Spotify.  Help!

I've been trying to find a solution to this issue (among others) for quite some time. So far spotify haven't had anything even approaching a decent response.

I don't care about your videos I just want to be able to listen to my songs. Video won't play? Skip it and move on or better yet put an option not to have videos. This is super simple stuff.

I'm done with premium for now, and in all honesty I don't see myself coming back period.

Suggested posts