Spotify app exits directly after login, on ICS

Solved!

Re: Spotify app exits directly after login, on ICS

Scotro
Casual Listener
One thing I forgot to mention is that I also removed some playlists, specifically playlist folders. I moved all my playlists out of folders then deleted the folders themselves. Then, I force stopped Spotify, cleared data, uninstalled, reboot phone, then reinstalled Spotify. It's been working ever since

I will re-add some playlist folders to see if that breaks it again.

Scotro
Casual Listener
Re-adding multi-level folders of playlists didn't cause the app to stop working.

rferrett
Roadie

Seriously though why the hell should we, the paying users, have to go through all the rigmarole of doing this stuff. Spotify should fix the issue. The ICS development kit for app designers has been out for months, and months. There is no excuse for Spotify not sorting this given how little development they have done on the Android platform. 

It is an insult to paying customers. I am now spending hours sorting out my offline cache again. I shouldn't need to and it is a joke when Spotify don't fix things or pay our issues any attention.

THey really ought to stop messing about sucking up to Facebook ang get their own house in order.

user-removed
Not applicable
My thoughts exactly. We need to voice these issues directly to their emails. The iOS version is much more stable better then Android and they need to get to work asap.

rferrett
Roadie

I emailed them about my bug on Friday, but history dictates I probably wont actually receive a reply. If I do it probably wno't address any of my concerns.

That they *might*, might?!?!?!? Update their app to support ICS just beggars belief.

Seriously maybe we should be emailing Phandroid, Cnet, Znet, Eurodroid, Wired and the like and see if we can get some stories about this issue to put some pressure on Spotify?

youngdoe
Regular

Same problem here. The Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy SII has been bugging ever since I installed ICS a week ago. I have been able to listen to music once, whereas freezes, program shut downs, log outs and playlists not appearing (when logging in only using my Facebook credentials) have become the norm. I have about 120-130 playlists and reading the comments in here I realize that this might be an issue, but since this (which is completely ridiculous in itself, but that's another debate...) is the only reasonable way to organize and (individually) listen to artists offline in Spotify I really hope that I don't have to start deleting a bunch of them. I live in Norway, so Wimp is a very strong (or even stronger) option to Spotify, but I sincerely hope that I don't have to make the switch. Still, paying 99 NOK a month (which I have been doing for nearly three years) for a service that doesn't  work (because of an update which had it developers kits rolled out months ago?!) is unfortunately about to leave me no choice.

fil
I have galaxy nexus. Issue i found is something to dowith offline playlist. After i removed all my offline playlist spotify would stop crashing. This completly makes the app useless now but at least i can stream again

rferrett
Roadie

Well Spotify have said in these parts that they might make the app compaitible with ICS at some point but no promises. A ludicrous position.

JC
Casual Listener

This is so gay. Seriously, Spotify, please fix it. 

jolin
Its really annoying not to be able to use a service you pay 99kr per month for. The android client was really crappy for ics and now its not working at all!
SUGGESTED POSTS