Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app no longer shows Sonos speaker as an option

Spotify app no longer shows Sonos speaker as an option

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

My Sonos Play 1 speaker no longer shows up as an output device in the "Connect to a device" screen on the Spotify app.

I can use the Sonos app without a problem and it all plays fine but when I go back to the Spotify app it is no longer showing.

The screen on the Spotify app looks all different (Has a weird scan code etc) so I think it is probably following an app update.

It gives me options such as Computer, TV, Wi-Fi Speakers etc but none of those options seem to help.  Before it just showed up on the list and if there were problems, starting it in the Sonos app initially and then going to the Spotify app was enough to sort it out.  That doesn't seem to work with this version though.

Jon

2 Replies

Hey there @Scriven_j,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, are both devices connected in the same WiFi network?

We'd first recommend checking that the Spotify app is running the latest version available. If that doesn't do the trick, you can try a quick reinstall of the app.

Further, make sure you have a registered Sonos account and Spotify added as music service on your Sonos system.

If it still does not show up, double check that you have enabled ‘Control Sonos from Spotify’ in the Sonos app under settings.

Further, it'd be helpful if you could let us know if the issue persists when using a different network connection on both devices or if you use a different device with your Sonos speaker.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Same issue here. 

Two play 5 no longer available in Spotify when updated from 12.4 to 13. 

iPad which still having 12.4 get the Sonos, iPhone with iOS13 doesn't. 

There is a post like this one in the Sonos community; in there they have confirmed the issue and that Bith Spotify and Sonos and working together to solve the issue. 
let's see how fast this is solved. 

Suggested posts