Premium

Country

Argentina 

Device

Xiaomi MiA2

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I'd been using chromecast with Spotify without problems but suddenly, it doesn't play more than one song and then it stops. I can see that it continues playing in my mobile (without sound) and in the TV screen it stops at 0:00, having to restart after each song… 

7 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Nexus 6p (2 of) 

Operating System

Android 7

My Question or Issue

I have done some searching and nothing has worked so far. 

I have 4 CCA's and one home mini and it doesn't matter if I cast to one or all, Spotify randomly drops out all the time and skips some songs. I have deleted all devices and re added them, all on the same frequency wifi and Google home notifications disabled and have unlinked and relinked Spotify to google home.

Starting to get fed up with it. 

It streams perfectly straight from the phone and I have 50+Mbps fibre.

Device

Google Chromecast audio

My Question or Issue

Autoplay works great on my phone and the thick app, but when using Chromecast audio via Spotify connect or Google home it doesn't work. Music just stops playing at the end of a playlist or album. Is there any way to enable this feature?

Same here, Samsung S9, started a couple of months ago. Also from Argentina.

Sometimes starting the song multiple times works, sometimes it just doesn't.

Hey @gueler@J_i_O and @taijohnsen,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Let's try with a quick reinstallation first. You can read here how to do this. You can also try to put the Chromecast closer to the the router to see if that makes any difference. 

As for @leafbag, the Autoplay feature is not Spotify Connect compatible. So the music will stop at the end of a playlist.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

SOLVED

Hi guys, just a quick message to say that I solved the issue.

I had a wifi range extender with the same ssid and password.

I turned off the extender and made sure all the CCA's were connecting to the same router and it's been fine ever since.

My guess is that either they would randomly hand over connection from the router to the extender, or the extender would jam up the frequency every now and again with data.

Hey @taijohnsen.

Great news! Glad to hear that everything's working as normal now 🙂

As for the rest, let us know how you're getting on - we'll be looking out for your replies.

Thanks!

Why isn't Autoplay compatible with Spotify Connect?

Suggested posts