Country

Spain

Device

Huawei p10 plis

Operating System

Android 8.0

My Question or Issue

Hi!

I've tried many things, including torubleshooting and cleaning cache/reinstalling, but nothing has worked and I think it is quite the opposite of the most "common" problem that I've read in the community forums. 

Since a couple of days (at least) when I'm on WiFi, Spotify says that it is missing internet connection, while this is simply not true as every other app is working, including browsing. I have even uninstalled and re-installed the app downloading it from the same Wi Fi connection. 

When I've done so, I could not login (!) as again Spotify thinks I'm offline, but if I siwtch off WiFi and go to 4G, everything works, though I cannot download my music for listening offline, so this is the biggest pain right now (I have of course a premium subscription). Plus obviously I'm paying for a service that I cannot fully use.

The WiFi connection is my home connection that seems to work fine for everything else.
Tablet and laptop connect to Spotify through the same WiFi perfectly.

The only thing I'm starting to suspect is the recent security update I received on the Huawei (mandatory system upgrade) that might have messed up something, but apparently only with Spotify...shame because now I cannot download my playlists and cannot listen where I don't have any internet connection at all 😞

Details of my phone:

Huawei P10 plus, Android version 8.0

Things tried already:

- Clean Data and Cache, restart phone and reinstall Spotify

(as said: absurd that I can download Spotify with the WiFi connection that Spotify is claiming not to be connected to the Internet).

Let me know what you think or what you think I should try! Thanks! 🙂

0 Replies

Suggested posts