Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Denon Heos 1 HS2

Operating System

Android Pie, latest updates on all devices

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to tell Google assistant to play Spotify on my Heos 1 HS2 speaker but it's not working at all. Everytime assistant is telling me it's not possible and I should try another speaker. Denon support is telling me that with latest Update it's possible to do so. So what's wrong with Spotify connect? As well I'm having the problem that as soon as I'm playing music over Spotify connect the app in my smartphone is pushing the notification on every song change. Nothing bad but everytime my screen lights up (because od my phone settings) and this is kind of disturbing me.

Can you give me some help?

Didn't find any support mail or Callcenter number, just this forum. 

Best regards, 

Dave

7 Replies

Hey there @user-removed, 

Welcome to the Spotify Community! That doesn't sound cool, let's see how we can help.

Just to confirm, have you tried restarting your Huawei device? If not, give it a try, as this also refreshes the Connect feature. 

It's a good idea as well to reinstall the Spotify app on your mobile phone, in order to make sure you get the latest version.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

Hey @Guido

I made a soft reset of my Huawei and reinstalled Spotify.

Weird thing that Volume control, stopping music and skipping song is working. Just not the feature to start the music over Google assistant and Spotify connect. 

Best regards, 

Dave

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Can you try changing the device name of the Heos speaker? We suggest you choose a simple name to make sure your voice command will be easily recognized by the Google Assistant. 

You can also check this help page for more info on how to change the name. 

We'll look out for your reply!

Hey Guido,

renamed the speaker into speaker but not still not working.

Even tried with ungroup in my Heos App to just call one speaker but not working as well. 

As I wrote it's working fine with any other command but not with starting the Musik. Even tried to take some other commands... 

Best regards, 

Dave

Hey there,

nobody with any more tips or any solution?

Best regards, 

Dave

It can't be done. Denon has been claiming this functionality will be 'coming soon' since they last updated their speakers. They are now replacing them with a new range and they still haven't managed to add this basic functionality. Sorry.

That sucks big time.. 😞

Suggested posts