Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect with Yamaha RX-V6A is not working anymore (nothing to hear)

Spotify connect with Yamaha RX-V6A is not working anymore (nothing to hear)

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung S23 Ultra & Yamaha RX-V6A AV receiver

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

Since a few days, Spotify is not working anymore with my Yamaha RX-V6A receiver. It worked for months without any issue, but now doesn't play anything on it aymore. I tried already network and full reset on the AV receiver, also re-installation of the Musicast and Spotify app on the smartphone, tried cable and WiFi connection - issue still persists.

Fun thing is that the steering of the receiver works, it switches on if i change the device in Spotify app, i can adjust volume, and i can play back a song, but it is not streamed to the receiver.

I checked the Musicast app with other streaming services like Amazon Music, and all is working, I can switch inside of the Spotify app to the smartphone device, and it plays immediately. But as soon as i switch (like i did for many months before already) to the AV receiver, nothing can be heard.

Any idea what else to try, anyone with similar setup and issues?!

Best regards,

Wilfried

3 Replies

Hey there @Wizzibizzi

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community! 

Kudos for the troubleshooting you've already done!  

Could you check if the firmware of your receiver has any pending updates? 

On another note, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your device to see if they can replicate this behavior? 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello Eni,

thanks for your reply. Indeed, i checked on all sides for pending updates, but all devices incl. the AV Receiver are up to date. And we also checked with a iPhone 13, exact the same behave like on my Android phone. I really don't know what more i could test / do. Qobuz and Amazon Music is working, Spotify is not (anymore). Any further idea?!

Best regards,

Wizzibizzi

Hey @Wizzibizzi

Thanks for getting back to us!

You’ve already covered a lot of troubleshooting steps. That makes me wonder if this could be a network related issue. Could you try to connect Spotify and the amp through a different network, e.g. a hot spot on your phone?

You could also try to reduce wireless interference by changing the wireless channel used by the amp, your router, or both. We recommend you refer to your router’s owner manual for instructions on how to change the channel.

Hope this helps out. Keep us posted!

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts