Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connects to other unknown devices!

Spotify connects to other unknown devices!

Hey folks, since a couple of weeks my Spotify (on PC and iPhone) stops playing music and connects to other, unknown devices(mostly iPhones)! After it stops playing my music I click on "play on this computer (for example) and it starts playing a totaly unkown playlist! I am so pi..ed of that I am thinking of canceling my premium account.
This happens on my PC as well as on my iPhone and I have no idea how to stop that! It doesn´t matter if I am on my wifi at home or in my car....!

Can anybody help me?

Thanks and listen on!

Tny

4 Replies

Hi there,

If you ever get the message again, make sure to click on "listen here", or whatever one sounds like that!

To manage connected devices, there is an option under settings called "connect to a device"!

Furthermore if you want to just listen to music and not be interrupted put the app in offline mode and you shouldn't be bothered, tedious I know but it's the only known fix!

Hope this helps 🙂
Community_Rock_Star_Program.jpg

Hey, thank you. If I click on "listen on this device" it starts to play randomly music I never would listen to!

Yesterday again, my Spotify connected to somebody elses iPhone ( Connected to Robin´s iPhone) while I was driving on the highway...! **bleep**??
I reinstalled it but it keeps happening all the time...!

is there an option to forbid spotify to connect to any other device?

I'm afraid that there is no way of turning off the "connect to a device" feature as of this moment, as strange as it sounds! I've had a look on other forums and haven't found anything quite like this problem (or a fix for that matter), and nothing I have ever come across myself!

I understand your problem but sadly (and to be a bit useless) the only thing I can recommend you doing is to contact Spotify directly via their contact webpage here:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/about-us/contact/

Sorry I can't give you a solution to this annoying problem but hopefully someone at Spotify will be able to! 🙂

It sounds like others may have gained access to your account. You may be able to fix this yourself by:

Change your password here

Log out of all devices here

See how that goes. Oh, if you use the same password on other sites, it's probably best to change those too.

Suggested posts