Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Song is broken because of deleting mp3 on mobile

So my problem is: My phone informed me about that I've got like 20 tracks downloaded on my phone as MP3 from my playlists. I just thought "Why do I need those? I can save some MB." but I wasn't sure what was going to happen when I'd delete them.So at...

• Casual Listener
  • So my problem is: My phone informed me about that I've got like 20 tracks downloaded on my phone as MP3 from my playlists. I just thought "Why do I need those? I can save some MB." but I wasn't sure ...
  • Julius_21
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs being Undownloaded

Hi there,I travel across my state to visit family multiple times a year and recently I've been having trouble in that all my downloaded songs, about 1.6k, will uninstall from my phone and I have to wait until I'm back on a WiFi network to re-download...

• Hi there, I travel across my state to visit family multiple times a year and recently I've been having trouble in that all my downloaded songs, about 1.6k, will uninstall from my phone and I have to...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to change where music is saved to on htc one e9

My new phone HTC One e9 is unable to change destination for saving music and it's a bit of an annoyance just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • My new phone HTC One e9 is unable to change destination for saving music and it's a bit of an annoyance just wondering if anyone else has this problem?
  • marshallinch
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not playing Spotify Landmark: Metallica

I click to open in Spotify on Andoir and it goes to a blank pange and nothing happenes.If I try my iPad it says spotify cannot open this type of link.I have update both devices to their latest bersion and also the latest version of Spotify.Ipad mini2...

• Visitor
  • I click to open in Spotify on Andoir and it goes to a blank pange and nothing happenes. If I try my iPad it says spotify cannot open this type of link. I have update both devices to their latest be...
  • danhoward
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify keine internetverbindung mit meinem Handy

Hallo, seit Freitag kommt die Meldung Spotify offline. Das mobile Internet ist aber aktiviert. Neustart probiert, Programm neu installiert, keine Besserung. Das Gerät ist ein samsung s3 mini.

• Hallo, seit Freitag kommt die Meldung Spotify offline. Das mobile Internet ist aber aktiviert. Neustart probiert, Programm neu installiert, keine Besserung. Das Gerät ist ein samsung s3 mini.
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Music unavailable for download; do hav primium acct

I have paid for a primium account, and have downloaded some songs, but it appears that the music is only available for a short amount of time. Often times, which I try to access the library, it says that the internet is unavailable and theirfore so i...

• I have paid for a primium account, and have downloaded some songs, but it appears that the music is only available for a short amount of time. Often times, which I try to access the library, it says ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

local file unavailable on android

so i wanted to transfer my local files from my linux computer to my android phone .i made a playlist and tried to sync it with the phone which has android version 6 (marshmallow).files play on the pc but are greyed out on the phone (other than a few ...

• so i  wanted to transfer my local files from my linux computer to my android phone .i made a playlist and tried to sync it with the phone which has android version 6 (marshmallow).files play on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant pick specific songs

On my Samsung Galaxy S4, I can't pick specific songs that I want to listen to. I have to press shuffle play. But, on my friends apple devices they can play specific songs and they don't have spotify premium. Please help!

• On my Samsung Galaxy S4, I can't pick specific songs that I want to listen to. I have to press shuffle play. But, on my friends apple devices they can play specific songs and they don't have spotify ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android & Desktop Ads Locking Bug

Heya, I've noticed lately; first on Android, now on Desktop, that your ads service is sometimes not registering that the ad has been completed. If you try to do some other task in the app, you are warned that it will start once the ad has finished bu...

• Heya, I've noticed lately; first on Android, now on Desktop, that your ads service is sometimes not registering that the ad has been completed.  If you try to do some other task in the app, you ...
  • vickythestrange
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Playlist play wrong order..

When i control Spotify on my tablet that is contected to my amp and speakers via my smartphone one of my playlists is acting strange.No matter what song i play the next one is always the first one in my list and then the order is played correct (1 2 ...

• When i control Spotify on my tablet that is contected to my amp and speakers via my smartphone one of my playlists is acting strange. No matter what song i play the next one is always the first one ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Very slow app

Hello! Since a few month (I think since March) I got a really really slow responsing app. I primary use my smartphone with Android but it also apprears on my iPad, so it isn't really device linked. Brief description of the issue: The app loads and in...

• Visitor
  • Hello!   Since a few month (I think since March) I got a really really slow responsing app. I primary use my smartphone with Android but it also apprears on my iPad, so it isn't really device ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Mini Player Concept

Does anyone else think the action button for individual songs is hopelessly small and indistinct on tablet or phone? I cannot create a playlist on the fly because almost every time I try to use the button to add a track to my queue I end up playing i...

• Does anyone else think the action button for individual songs is hopelessly small and indistinct on tablet or phone? I cannot create a playlist on the fly because almost every time I try to use the b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No album access!

Hi please help. I can't access my albums on my Xperia z3 compact. I can get my playlists fine, and everything is OK on my desktop. When I click on albums I get the green loading circle but nothing loads. Also I cannot save any albums. Nowhere near 10...

• Hi please help. I can't access my albums on my Xperia z3 compact. I can get my playlists fine, and everything is OK on my desktop. When I click on albums I get the green loading circle but nothing lo...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crossfading doesn't work with Playlist synchronized with windows client

Hi, that's my problem, I have a Playlist created with local files on my PC with the Windows client of Spotify, and when I'm listening it on my android phone (I was marked this Playlist to download to the phone) the crossfading just doesn't work prope...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, that's my problem, I have a Playlist created with local files on my PC with the Windows client of Spotify, and when I'm listening it on my android phone (I was marked this Playlist to download to...
  • Thyranus
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Display local files in artists on Android

Hello,I added a few songs from my computer (that were unavailable) in a playlist, this way I can sync with my Android phone.It worked, I can hear these tracks when going on mobile to that playlist, or by going in my Library and the tracks subdivision...

• Regular
  • Hello, I added a few songs from my computer (that were unavailable) in a playlist, this way I can sync with my Android phone. It worked, I can hear these tracks when going on mobile to that playlis...
  • Storm1906
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Local tracks
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files

Hey, so syncing the files isnt working at all anymore. Both my pc and my mobile (samsung Galaxy S6) were on the same network. I tried reinstalling the spotify app, still doesnt work. I also tried making a playlist with local files and sync it like th...

• Regular
  • Hey, so syncing the files isnt working at all anymore. Both my pc and my mobile (samsung Galaxy S6) were on the same network. I tried reinstalling the spotify app, still doesnt work. I also tried mak...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    syncing
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Canciones y/o Albums desaparecen.

Saludos!!! Me explico: canciones y álbum que había descargado(guardado) ya no se reproducen, y al buscarlo en el artista tampoco aparecen y por ende no permite descargarlos ni escucharlos; es como si no hubiesen existido ni en Mi Música ni en el Arti...

• Casual Listener
  • Saludos!!! Me explico: canciones y álbum que había descargado(guardado) ya no se reproducen, y al buscarlo en el artista tampoco aparecen y por ende no permite descargarlos ni escucharlos; es como si...
  • Jerry003
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Problemas con las canciones descargadas

Tengo Spotify premium hace aproximadamente un mes y todo bien hasta el momento pero hoy me encontré con que se me habían eliminado tooooodas las canciones que había descargado, así que no puedo escuchar sin conexión. Si alguien sabe la solución se lo...

• Tengo Spotify premium hace aproximadamente un mes y todo bien hasta el momento pero hoy me encontré con que se me habían eliminado tooooodas las canciones que había descargado, así que no puedo escuc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify controls on lockscreen

I just switched from iphone to android and am not able to see album art and change music from locksceeen ... am I missing something? ??

• Casual Listener
  • I just switched from iphone to android and am not able to see album art and change music from locksceeen ... am I missing something? ??
  • juanjosalazar
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Lockscreen control
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

Enigma wrong song

Hi,On the enigma album the platinum collection, the songs voyageur and turn around are switched.

• Hi, On the enigma album the platinum collection, the songs voyageur and turn around are switched.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes