Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify constantly crashing/freezing completely - requiring phone restart (Samsung S7)

Spotify constantly crashing/freezing completely - requiring phone restart (Samsung S7)

Hi guys,

Is anyone having constant problems with running spotify on a Samsung S7? his has been ocuring for WEEKS and surpasses Spotify updates. Spotify just freezes mid way through switching a track, and while it will continue to play music, you cannot access spotify in any way. The only way to resolve it is to restart the ENTIRE PHONE (even force-closing the app doesn't fix it).

I've had enough of this and am going to cancel my spotify account if they can't fix this problem soon.

FYI - I'm running Android 6.0.1.

2 Replies

Hi. This was happening recently when skipping several tracks quickly but seems to be fixed in the latest release. What spotify version are you using?

I'm using version 7.2.0.1250, the latest, and yet I still have the problem. My phone is also brand new (Xperia XZ). It is NOT provoked by skipping many songs, it is provoked by returning to the Spotify app after a while.

Suggested posts