Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing in the background

After uptade, my Spotify play in the background but doesn't display the window what is currently playing .. anyone know why?

• Casual Listener
  • After uptade, my Spotify play in the background but doesn't display the window what is currently playing .. anyone know why? 😕
  • Lenalena0208
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded albums dont appear on my phone

I have downloaded albums but they don't appear in my phone's library just the Spotify one and they definitely say downloaded.

• I have downloaded albums but they don't appear in my phone's library just the Spotify one and they definitely say downloaded.
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Black screen on samsung 6edge when i open spotify

I did a recent update on my phone and when I now open spotify all I'm getting is a black screen

• I did a recent update on my phone and when I now open spotify all I'm getting is a black screen
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Storage option missing on Android 7.0 Nougat

On the latest version of Android (7.0 Nougat), the Storage option is nowhere to be found. I've enabled all permissions, but the option is still missing. Please look into this. I've attached a screenshot. Android Version: AOSP 7.0 (Nougat)Spotify Vers...

• Composer
  • On the latest version of Android (7.0 Nougat), the Storage option is nowhere to be found. I've enabled all permissions, but the option is still missing. Please look into this. I've attached a screens...
  • Kamran
  • Composer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android 7.0
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Purchased Spotify now speaker cracks

I've been using Spotify for years as a free customer with never any audio issues but now I have upgraded to Premium and as soon as I do that the music coming from the Spotify app makes my speaker Crackle. I turned off The Equalizer and it works a lit...

• I've been using Spotify for years as a free customer with never any audio issues but now I have upgraded to Premium and as soon as I do that the music coming from the Spotify app makes my speaker Cra...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Enlever la lecture en boucle

Bonjour, est-ce normal que je ne puisse pas enlever le mode "lire en boucle" ?

• Bonjour, est-ce normal que je ne puisse pas enlever le mode "lire en boucle" ?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How much data use is typical when streaming?

I had been streaming a few albums a day for 4 days, and Spotify had used over 9 GB of data over 4G. Is this typical? This amount of data is enough to download the entire uncompressed CDs!

• Casual Listener
  • I had been streaming a few albums a day for 4 days, and Spotify had used over 9 GB of data over 4G.  Is this typical?  This amount of data is enough to download the entire uncompressed CDs!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files won't download on Android

The local files used to work, but when I deleted the playlist that used to work and made a new one, the songs won't download on my phone. I'm using the updated version of Spotify (the one that looks like iOS).

• Visitor
  • The local files used to work, but when I deleted the playlist that used to work and made a new one, the songs won't download on my phone. I'm using the updated version of Spotify (the one that looks ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Change storage location not appearing

When in the settings the change storage option is straight up not there, with no greyed out or anything. Please help, as I'm running out of internal storage source. Using a Moto g3 running android 6, and a functional 16gb SD card

• Casual Listener
  • When in the settings the change storage option is straight up not there, with no greyed out or anything. Please help, as I'm running out of internal storage source. Using a Moto g3 running android 6,...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesnt want to download any of my songs !

Just got spotify premium and on my phone it doesnt want to dowload any of my songs that i want to listen to offline, i've tried on wifi, data, and i have plenty of storage ! Also i have it on my computer and half of the songs i've downloaded can't be...

• Just got spotify premium and on my phone it doesnt want to dowload any of my songs that i want to listen to offline, i've tried on wifi, data, and i have plenty of storage !    Also i hav...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Música importada.

Lo que pasa es que en una cuenta me sale la opcion de importar la musica para escucharla desde la app como si de un reproductor se tratase pero en la otra no me sale esa opcionSe debe al tipo de cuenta?Las 2 son premiumY probe desde el mismo movil

• Casual Listener
  • Lo que pasa es que en una cuenta me sale la opcion de importar la musica para escucharla desde la app como si de un reproductor se tratase pero en la otra no me sale esa opcion Se debe al tipo de cu...
  • carloslora97
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unknown error

My spotify app says I have an unknown error and I have to redownload the app in the Appstore. So I did multiple times, and it still keeps on saying this. Does anyone know how to fix this???

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify app says I have an unknown error and I have to redownload the app in the Appstore. So I did multiple times, and it still keeps on saying this. Does anyone know how to fix this???
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

'No internet connection available', 'You are offline' when on mobile network, Android

I can not use Spotify when I am on a mobile network on Android. It used to work for as long as rememeber (nearly 2 years). Spotify works when I switch to wireless network. I tried uninstalling, cleaning cache with no success.Android, LG G4, if that i...

• Casual Listener
  • I can not use Spotify when I am on a mobile network on Android. It used to work for as long as rememeber (nearly 2 years). Spotify works when I switch to wireless network.   I tried&...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify offline playback

When i'm listening to my music on offline mode. Spotify, on android, is tryinf to play songs that I didn't downloaded... lg g4 32gb int. storage64gb ext. storagepremium account

• Regular
  • When i'm listening to my music on offline mode. Spotify, on android, is tryinf to play songs that I didn't downloaded...   lg g4  32gb int. storage 64gb ext. storage premium account&nb...
  • marccharby
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists no longer playable

I stopped my paying account so I could use a free Spotify account. But now it's not possible anymore to play my already downloaded playlists. Also, when I want to play anything else, it's just gray and it won't play. Can I fix this?

• I stopped my paying account so I could use a free Spotify account. But now it's not possible anymore to play my already downloaded playlists. Also, when I want to play anything else, it's just gray a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lots of Tracks in 'Songs'

I have what seems to be many more tracks when I look at what is in 'Songs'.I'very just had a big clear out of my playlists and I can see tracks in Songs that I have removed a small a play list or from a play list.So is there anyway of removing from m...

• Casual Listener
  • I have what seems to be many more tracks when I look at what is in 'Songs'. I'very just had a big clear out of my playlists and I can see tracks in Songs that I have removed a small a play list or...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot go online while on cellular data - MTel Bulgaria

For two days now Spotify cannot go online while on cellular data. Once connected to wi-fi everything works. I have unlimited data and I have reinstalled the app. The first image is with data and the second one is on wi-fi. Please help !!

• Casual Listener
  • For two days now Spotify cannot go online while on cellular data. Once connected to wi-fi everything works. I have unlimited data and I have reinstalled the app. The first image is with data and the ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

7 day trial

Hi there! how do i activate the 7 days free trial? The app doesn't show the pop-up

• Hi there! how do i activate the 7 days free trial? The app doesn't show the pop-up
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Singles not showing on artist page

Singles not showing on artist pages about a week ago everything i do to solve the problem is not working and its really annoying does anyone knows how to fix it?

• Singles not showing on artist pages about a week ago everything i do to solve the problem is not working and its really annoying does anyone knows how to fix it?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes