Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs gone after update

Hi,im a premium user of family Spotify and was having no trouble with the app till today. My phone was updated, not sure when, and out of nowhere all the downloaded songs (over 500) disappeared. Now im redownloading it, which really takes a long time...

• Hi, im a premium user of family Spotify and was having no trouble with the app till today. My phone was updated, not sure when, and out of nowhere all the downloaded songs (over 500) disappeared.&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I have problems with the download of songs/albums since i switched from a Galaxy S6 to a Huawei P8.

Since i switched from the galaxy s6 to the huawei p8 it Tages morgen thanks an hour to download an album instead of seconds with the galaxy s6. Can anybody help ?

• Casual Listener
  • Since i switched from the galaxy s6 to the huawei p8 it Tages morgen thanks an hour to download an album instead of seconds with the galaxy s6.   Can anybody help ? 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HOW CAN I UPDATE TO PREMIUM

I wanna uptade to premium. But circle always turning on the pay page. How can i correct to this.

• Casual Listener
  • I wanna uptade to premium. But circle always turning on the pay page. How can i correct to this.
  • aaktass
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant delete playlist that's continuously 'loading'

I created a playlist whilst offline & when I went online, the playlist would not load the songs I added. In fact it continuously says 'loading' & I cannot delete it whatsover. Can anyone help?

• Casual Listener
  • I created a playlist whilst offline & when I went online, the playlist would not load the songs I added. In fact it continuously says 'loading' & I cannot delete it whatsover. Can anyone help?
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Help!!

The music that I download is not completo. It stops at the begin or in the end. I hace yo do it 2or more times to get it right. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • The music that I download is not completo. It stops at the begin or in the end. I hace yo do it 2or more times to get it right. Please help
  • Kanon14
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Still getting charged

I can't get into my premium account anymore. A while ago, it made a Facebook account and I can't deactivate it. I've tried anything and everything. I just want to stop getting charged for my old premium account and get a new one.

• I can't get into my premium account anymore. A while ago, it made a Facebook account and I can't deactivate it. I've tried anything and everything. I just want to stop getting charged for my old prem...
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Randomly Stops Playing | Galaxy S6 Edge+

Premium Customer here I've got a personal playlist that I've downloaded for offline play and about 2 weeks ago, every time I play the playlist it will play a few songs then Spotify will completely stop and exit or it will paus the song. Its getting f...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Customer here   I've got a personal playlist that I've downloaded for offline play and about 2 weeks ago, every time I play the playlist it will play a few songs then Spotify will comp...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes

browsing results not shown and search failing

When going into browse no lists are shown. Also when searching the app just closes out and takes me out of spotify and to my general apps

• Casual Listener
  • When going into browse no lists are shown. Also when searching the app just closes out and takes me out of spotify and to my general apps
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily mix voice command

I love the daily mixes but it's really tough to select them while driving. Can we please have a few daily mix commands? Like "Spotify daily mix" or "spotify daily mix 3", etc. Right now saying something like that performs a search for "daily mix" alb...

• Casual Listener
  • I love the daily mixes but it's really tough to select them while driving. Can we please have a few daily mix commands? Like "Spotify daily mix" or "spotify daily mix 3", etc.   Right now sayi...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't launch app in israel

I have Spotify premium in the US and am currently traveling in Israel. The Spotify app wont even open. It highlights when I select it, but nothing happens. I'd prefer not to have to uninstall and reinstall it since I don't have a great internet conne...

• I have Spotify premium in the US and am currently traveling in Israel. The Spotify app wont even open. It highlights when I select it, but nothing happens. I'd prefer not to have to uninstall and rei...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

automatic shuffling of songs

My android and OS version of spotify keeps turning on the shuffle function on my playlists even after I've turned them off. Really annoying, just wondered if there was a solution or if this was just another bug to fix? Cheers

• My android and OS version of spotify keeps turning on the shuffle function on my playlists even after I've turned them off. Really annoying, just wondered if there was a solution or if this was just ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot view and play downloaded albums when offline

I use spotify premium for a long time. I download more albums that I can play daily but without the wifi or data connection, I cannot view and play the albums that I want. Can someone help me fix this?

• I use spotify premium for a long time. I download more albums that I can play daily but without the wifi or data connection, I cannot view and play the albums that I want. Can someone help me fix thi...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't skip my songs with the headphone buttons!?

I simply cant skip my songs with the headphone buttons. Two clicks and nothing, it only pauses and unpause the songs! What can i do? This feature was working fine with my deezer account.

• Casual Listener
  • I simply cant skip my songs with the headphone buttons. Two clicks and nothing, it only pauses and unpause the songs! What can i do? This feature was working fine with my deezer account.
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth song info

Recently Spotify released some sort of update that changed the notification song controls. This seems to have screwed up the song info being transmitted to my smartwatch and now I can't seem to get artist or album info. Please fix this.

• Recently Spotify released some sort of update that changed the notification song controls. This seems to have screwed up the song info being transmitted to my smartwatch and now I can't seem to get a...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot login on Spotify for Android

I recently uninstalled Spotify off my Galaxy S5 as a fix for my new playlists not appearing on my phone. I tried to login to Spoitfy after I reinstalled Spotify and whether I pick login in via Facebook or with other login details I keep getting put i...

• I recently uninstalled Spotify off my Galaxy S5 as a fix for my new playlists not appearing on my phone. I tried to login to Spoitfy after I reinstalled Spotify and whether I pick login in via Facebo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Which Version on Android

I am running the newest Version of Spotify on my Android smarphone. How Can I find out in which mode Spotify is running. Free or Premium?Thanks Thomas

• Casual Listener
  • I am running the newest Version of Spotify on my Android smarphone. How Can I find out in which mode Spotify is running. Free or Premium? Thanks Thomas
  • evo4g63t
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Recent update on android phone

I am really disappointed in what the update has done with my phone app. I have a Samsung 5S (yes it's older) the exit "x" button disappeared from top right corner and sometimes I'm forced to log out to stop the player. It made my phone freeze up and ...

• I am really disappointed in what the update has done with my phone app. I have a Samsung 5S (yes it's older) the exit "x" button disappeared from top right corner and sometimes I'm forced to log out ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files "waiting to download"

Hey guys, So up until about a week ago, I was donloading local song files not on spotify onto my computer and then phone, and it worked great. Then, when i downloaded two new songs and accidently hit the go offline button back. Now when i try to go o...

• Hey guys,      So up until about a week ago, I was donloading local song files not on spotify onto my computer and then phone, and it worked great. Then, when i downloaded two new son...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play is considered a "premium" feature

Im using free spotify and whenever i try to press shuffle play it tells me i've discovered a premium feature. should i just delete the app and reinstall or is there something wrong with the account itself?

• Im using free spotify and whenever i try to press shuffle play it tells me i've discovered a premium feature. should i just delete the app and reinstall or is there something wrong with the account i...
  • ryikeda
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I minimize storageuse for Spotify?

Spotify takes upp 5,7 GB storage on my galaxy s5. I have none offline lists according to Spotify. I have tried to delete playlists anyhow but I still have 5,7 GB gone because of Spotify. Is it supposed to take this much storage? What am I doing wrong...

• Spotify takes upp 5,7 GB storage on my galaxy s5. I have none offline lists according to Spotify. I have tried to delete playlists anyhow but I still have 5,7 GB gone because of Spotify. Is it suppos...
  • kirashi
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes