Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy s9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to play spotify in the background while playing a game (Adventure Communist, Gardenscapes etc) it works for ~30 seconds then cuts out. The song stops and the notification  disappears from my notification bar, meaning I have to reload from the home pages. This has only started happening in the last couple of days. It still works with other apps like Duolinguo or Twitter, so it must be something about the games? The games have the in-game sound turned off.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, done a clean reinstall, removed Spotify from the battery optimisation settings and tried the 'private session' fix. Nothing working. 

I do enjoy being able to use spotify while playing games and this is really frustrating!

2 Replies

Hey there @JM1579

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to double-check, have you also tried restarting your mobile phone? This basic step is very simple, but often overlooked. It's also a good idea to reinstall the games to be sure you've got the latest versions. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

It seems like Spotify is cutting out when I open full-screen games like Adventure Communist and Gardenscapes. It works for about 30 seconds, then stops, and the notification disappears. This issue just started in the last couple of days. Interestingly, it still works with apps like Duolingo or Twitter, so it might be related to the games. I've made sure to turn off in-game sound. Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated. 

Suggested posts