Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The volume only works up to half.!?

I had just put on a song and started to increase the volume, and a message appeared saying that high volume is harmful to hearing and there was a safety way for that.. And there were two options to click, agree and cancel. And I accidentally clicked ...

• I had just put on a song and started to increase the volume, and a message appeared saying that high volume is harmful to hearing and there was a safety way for that.. And there were two options to c...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why wont my Display change?

I have followed the EXACT steps to change my display name and when I click save it says "Couldn't save changes..something went wrong.Give it another go?" I click it again it still doesn't work. I signed out and in again but still nothing

• Visitor
  • I have followed the EXACT steps to change my display name and when I click save it says "Couldn't save changes..something went wrong.Give it another go?" I click it again it still doesn't work. I sig...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not working on wifi

Hi when I open the app when connected to WiFi it won't work. It works fine when connected to mobile data. I've reinstalled the app but no luck

• Casual Listener
  • Hi when I open the app when connected to WiFi it won't work. It works fine when connected to mobile data. I've reinstalled the app but no luck    
  • OscarDC
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Issues regarding lock screen image

When I am listening to Spotify, for some reason a part of the album / song image is displayed on my lock screen greatly zoomed in and low quality (See attached picture for example). The only way I have found to make this not happen is through turning...

• Casual Listener
  • When I am listening to Spotify, for some reason a part of the album / song image is displayed on my lock screen greatly zoomed in and low quality (See attached picture for example). The only way I ha...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't download music

PlanPremium duoÜlkeTürkiye CihazXiaomi resmi note 11sİşletim sistemiMIUI13 Sorum veya SorunumI can't download music

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium duo Ülke Türkiye  Cihaz Xiaomi resmi note 11s İşletim sistemi MIUI13   Sorum veya Sorunum I can't download music
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Current Device: This Phone. Can not switch to another device.

When I click the "playback devices" icon near the play button, it opens a screen displaying "Current Device - This phone. Use your mobile device as a remote control. Start a remote group session", but nowhere does it offer the usual options for me to...

• Casual Listener
  • When I click the "playback devices" icon near the play button, it opens a screen displaying "Current Device - This phone.  Use your mobile device as a remote control.  Start a remote group ...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "this phone" no longer an option in devices menu

When I am connected to a Bluetooth device or casting with Spotify connect there is no longer an option to switch the audio to my personal device. This definitely used to be there. Additionally, after disconnecting Bluetooth, Spotify continues to appe...

• Visitor
  • When I am connected to a Bluetooth device or casting with Spotify connect there is no longer an option to switch the audio to my personal device. This definitely used to be there. Additionally, after...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Share button for lyrics is missing for IG Stories

PlanPremium CountryPhilippines DeviceSamsung Galaxy S8+ Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueAs I've said in the title, I don't have the share lyrics feature on my android phone. I can't share specific lyrics on my IG Story, which I would ...

• Plan Premium   Country Philippines   Device Samsung Galaxy S8+   Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue As I've said in the title, I don't have the share...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • lyrics
    Mobile
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Getting my artists in alphabetical order again

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung galaxy s10Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHow can I get my artists tab to be in alphabetical order for all the artists I have music saved from, like it was before the update...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung galaxy s10 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue How can I get my artists tab to be in alphabe...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 47 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Artists View
  • 47 replies
  • 13 likes

Superuser Contribution Version 8.8.24.2 Crashing Android 13 when opening podcasts (Samsung Snapdragon 888)

Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Operating System Android 13 My Question or Issue Version 8.8.24.2 is crashing when opening podcasts. Music seems to be ok with limited testing. I am in the Alpha Testing group, this version ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra  Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue Version 8.8.24.2 is crashing when opening podcasts. Music...
  • 66fasty
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Android 13
    Crash Android
    Podcast Galaxy s21
    Samsung S21 Ultra
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Likes doesn't work

Likes doesn't work, always use the like to save music, but in this moment does not work, I can't use the botton to like and dislike, it's Not my device

• Visitor
  • Likes doesn't work, always use the like to save music, but in this moment does not work, I can't use the botton to like and dislike, it's Not my device
  • Lubibi
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Personal Audio Files always opened by Spotify (w/out Permission) & Crashes

Premium/UK/Galaxy A50 Hi All, I have been using Spotify on my phone for many years. I also use my phone to play personal audio files (i.e music I'm working on and have saved in my downloads). Recently none of my downloaded audio files (excluding file...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium/UK/Galaxy A50   Hi All,   I have been using Spotify on my phone for many years. I also use my phone to play personal audio files (i.e music I'm working on and have saved in my d...
  • dearprudence
  • 66 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 15 likes

Playlist from NFC tag

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceOneplus 7, Oneplus 6T, Samsung Galaxy Note 8Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHello everyone, I'm currently experiencing a problem, and have searched the web far and wide but haven't found an answer. Th...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Oneplus 7, Oneplus 6T, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Hello everyone,   I'm currently e...
  • Okiemute
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Help
    mobileapplication
    NFC
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked songs won't play alphabetical every time

My android pixel would play in my car fine every time I got in and out when my liked songs were sorted by when added. That's how they've always been. I decided to sort them a to z and now it will not play them in order each time I get in and out of m...

• Casual Listener
  • My android pixel would play in my car fine every time I got in and out when my liked songs were sorted by when added. That's how they've always been. I decided to sort them a to z and now it will not...
  • Davedt
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify media player showing incorrect/ pervious track cover art.

Cover art doesn't sync with ongoing track and often displays cover art of perviously played track, sometimes it works fine but suddenly that bug kicks in. My device is running on latest Android 13 update with latest Google Security March patch. This ...

• Casual Listener
  • Cover art doesn't sync with ongoing track and often displays cover art of perviously played track, sometimes it works fine but suddenly that bug kicks in. My device is running on latest Android 13 up...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Démarrage en pleine nuit de l'application

L'application s'allume toute seule en pleine nuit

• Visitor
  • L'application s'allume toute seule en pleine nuit
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Abo ausversehe gekündigt

28.03.2023 ausversehen gekündigt angemeldet mit ********@*********Bitte rückgängig machen

• 28.03.2023 ausversehen gekündigt angemeldet mit ********@********* Bitte rückgängig machen
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android Auto Search Album by Artist

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid Auto I'd love to select an artist by alphabetical search, then see a list of albums by that artist..... able to select and then play the album (better yet, even select a song from sa...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android Auto   I'd love to select an artist by alphabetical search, then see a list of albums by that artist......
  • TomMurray_
  • 3 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 14 likes

Superuser Contribution no puedo escuchar canciones en el modo offline

al poner el modo offline aún teniendo descargada la música no me deja reproducirla, aparece una etiqueta que dice "esta canción no está disponible" cuando intento reproducir cualquier canción

• Casual Listener
  • al poner el modo offline aún teniendo descargada la música no me deja reproducirla, aparece una etiqueta que dice "esta canción no está disponible" cuando intento reproducir cualquier canción
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes