Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify deletes saved albums

Spotify deletes saved albums

Hello guys,

I have the problem and have had it a couple of times that Spotify deletes my saved albums on Android Samsung Galaxy S5. It does not delete the playlists. The only way to recover the album names atleast is logging back on and after that you don't get your albums back either. I rarely have wifi because I live in a living group without wifi. The only time I have wifi is when I'm at McDonald's or go home to my parents house. This situation creates a condition under which I can not load back the songs when they are deleted. Which is very annoying.

Any fixes?

Greetings,

gnkkda59

spotify bug.jpg
7 Replies

@gnkkda59

Hello:

If I am understanding correctly, you are listening to Spotify content offline? When a user takes content to offline mode, users can only do this for up to 30 days, and then the content has to be brought back to online mode again, so play counts and licenses for the content gets updated.

Does this cover your issue you are having with content going missing, when bringing the content back to online mode again from offline mode?

Music lincenses change all the time and even get updated, missing music usually comes back sometimes quickly, sometimes it takes awhile for the content to come back.

First off thanks for your help, and no I don't think this is the issue since I saved offline yesterday, and in the evening it deleted my albums. I have spotify premium yeah. I also have mobile web, but its really slow (2 kbit/s) since I exhausted my data volume of 300 MB. Over night now it saved 8 new albums, which is quite nice but there needs to be another solution. When I have mobile internet I guess I am online. Atleast online enough for spotify to check licenses, right?

@gnkkda59

Your phone should have a swipe down feature and then you should able to see what is currently being used as a connection, be it cell service or a connected wifi access point.

Also double check you have at least 1 gig of memory space available on the phone? The Spotify app can use external memory cards if they are larger in space than the phones internal memory. But this entails deleting the Spotify app and then reinstalling the app again, so it can find the external memory to use. Users depending on phone and Android OS version sometimes have to manually go into the phone location folders and also remove any spotify folders and any spotify files left over, and then do a phone reboot, and then attempt to reinstall the Spotify phone app to force it to use external memory sometimes. The latest Spotify app versions are supposed to automatically check for larger memory cards on the phone and use the largest when the app is installed?

If these ideas do not work give me a mention in a post reply, and then I will then go ahead and move this thread over to the Android forums and let the Android gurus over there take a peek and give you some more ideas at what to do next?

FYI I've just moved this thread to the Android forums anyway.

I'd say give reinstalling the app a try anyway, I've noticed this issue with saved content sometimes not appearing, hopefully reinstalling the app can resolve this issue.

Okay thank you, I will give reinstalling the app a try when I'm at my aunts house. Ís there any way to contact costumer support btw? I am in Germany. I have a 64 GB microSD card, so memory shouldn't be big of an issue, although I have like 4k songs saved. 

@JayLB

I used the swipe down feature, it showed me that Mobile Data are activated, meaning my mobile connection is on. I'm not connected to wifi though.  I had like  40 GB of free space on my microSD when I last looked, one week ago. Also, all my albums were deleted, and this time I was not even able to recover them in terms of having their names. This means I'll have to manually look up every single of my 150+ albums and save them.. a nerve-wrecking task. I need another solution to this. My playlists are still fine though atleast. On the weekend I will give reinstalling the app a try, when I have wifi.

Reinstalling didn't help unfortunately. This morning it deleted all my albums after one week again, after I had reinstalled it last week on Friday. For your information I have 1,700 songs saved in albums. I also wonder why there is a cap on albums after 1.7k songs (I thought it was on 10k?)

Suggested posts