Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify disconnecting bluetooth when a call comes in then reconnects immediately after.

Spotify disconnecting bluetooth when a call comes in then reconnects immediately after.

I'm having a problem with my HTC ONE M8 running android 5.0.1 and I have spotify v. 2.7.0.883. Everytime I connect it with my car and start playing music via bluetooth and receive a call my bluetooth will disconnect and not allow me to take the call. After I hang up or the person who called hangs up spotify immediately starts again. I have tried making a call with Spotify turned off and everything worked as normal. 

Any idea how I can fix this issue or why it is hapening to me? 

8 Replies

The Spotify app does not have permission to change your bluetooth state. I have an M8 & M9 and used both in my car today whilst taking calls without issue. Maybe try a clean install and see if that helps.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Tried it and still no luck....What software version do you have installed on the phones? Maybe that causes a difference?

Both on 5.0.1 the same as you. Can you try installing Spotify 2.6.0 (link in my signature) and see if the issue persists.

Android Troubleshooting:

Same Problem..

Are you running a custom rom or anything other than stock? Do you have any automation tools that could be changing your bluetooth state? Tasker etc.

Also are you using the HTC Car mode? This could be changing your bluetooth state. Try it without car mode enabled

Android Troubleshooting:

No just stock installed 5.0.1 around two weeks ago. Been having this problem since. No tools installed whatsoever. Never used HTC Car Mode.

So it started with the HTC update to lollipop.... Possibly won't help, but try disabling nuplayer in Developer Settings (I stuck a guide to the top of the Android forum detailing his to do this).

If it's still failing then you may have to perform a factory reset of your device. I suggest making sure you've got HTC backup setup and force a backup before resetting

Android Troubleshooting:

I will do that and get back to you. Thanks for your help

Suggested posts