Spotify does not reliably change the display to show the next song

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10e

My Question or Issue

The in-app display with artwork in the middle and the bar showing elapsed time on the bottom will not reliably change when a song ends and the next one begins.  I have noticed this specifically when listening to albums in order, but not when using my playlists on shuffle.  After a song ends, the next one will begin, but the display will continue to show the previous song with the progress bar at the bottom indicating that the song is over.  If I pause it and play it again, it will continue playing the song that should be displayed, but the display will continue to show the previous song, this time with the time reset and progress bar proceeding as if he previous song was playing.  Note that this does not always happen, but does happen enough for it to be annoying.  Although not an issue for this forum, I have noticed that when this happens, last.fm will scrobble the previous song rather than the song that is actually playing, and mention this only because I believe it may assist in determining what Spotify is doing when this error occurs.  Is there any way for me to prevent this from happening?  I would prefer not to be checking that the display changes correctly at the end of every song.  Thank you in advance.

0 Replies

Suggested posts