Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium doesn't update recent shortcuts on home screen (Nova Launcher Prime)

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceXiaomi Redmi 7AOperating SystemAndroid 9My Question or IssueOn Spotify Free I could create shortcuts on my home screen (screen 2) by long pressing the Spotify Icon (screen 1). After changing to Premium, the recent listen...

Screen 1.jpg Screen 2.jpg
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Xiaomi Redmi 7A Operating System Android 9 My Question or Issue On Spotify Free I could create shortcuts on my home screen (screen 2) by long pressing the ...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shortcut
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Songs deleted after reboot

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 with SD-CardOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueI just want to lonk on this thread because I think it got moved in Closed and I still have a problem and new Information to work with. https://...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S8 with SD-Card Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue I just want to lonk on this thread because I think it got moved in ...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android 10] Audio doesn't comply with system audio balancing.

I've set up audio balancing in my system accessibility settings because my AirPods are louder in the left. All other apps work fine, but Spotify refuses to play with the audio balancing that I've set up. It may have something to do with the fact that...

• I've set up audio balancing in my system accessibility settings because my AirPods are louder in the left. All other apps work fine, but Spotify refuses to play with the audio balancing that I'v...
  • Supratik
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android 10
    audio
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Songs requested by voice always autoplay (even with Autoplay turned off)

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePixel 2 XLOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhen I'm in the car and I request a song via either Alexa or Google Assistant (both of which are on my phone), Spotify will continue playing music even afte...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Pixel 2 XL Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue When I'm in the car and I request a song via either Alexa or Google Assistant (b...
  • -dreadpirate-
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot unfollow a playlist

PlanPremiumCountryVietnam DeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid P My Question or IssueRecently, there is a playlist that I dont want anymore. I unfollow that playlist (screenshot attached), it disappears in Library screen. BUT, when I open...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Vietnam   Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android P   My Question or Issue Recently, there is a playlist that I dont want anymore.   ...
  • Tajwar
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Artist folder

What happend with artist folder? I can't find anything there what's the logic of the whole thing? I can't even chose how to sort the artist u make the app worse for every update. I will soon change to some other streaming app. PlanFree/PremiumCountry...

• Regular
  • What happend with artist folder? I can't find anything there what's the logic of the whole thing? I can't even chose how to sort the artist u make the app worse for every update. I will soon change t...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Bring back swipe to reveal artist

I really like the way the music library works now (although for me the ui keeps switching between "Follow" and the heart icon for some reason). My only gripe at the moment is the "swipe the album art to reveal the artist" -function, which was a fast ...

• Casual Listener
  • I really like the way the music library works now (although for me the ui keeps switching between "Follow" and the heart icon for some reason). My only gripe at the moment is the "swipe the album art...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fullscreen lockscreen

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S6Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueI would like to suggest a possible idea to implement on Spotify: it would be convenient to have a bigger player on the lock screen (like that of Samsung Mus...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device Samsung Galaxy S6 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue I would like to suggest a possible idea to implement on Spotify: it would be con...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Basic playlist sorting issue - Android TV

PlanFree/PremiumCountryNorwayDeviceAndroid TV / nvidia shieldOperating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueDid i just travel back to 1998 or did Spotify team not include playlist sorting in the Android tv version of spotify.. ?

• Plan Free/Premium Country Norway Device Android TV / nvidia shield Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue Did i just travel back to 1998 or did Spotify team not include pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Favourite genres not updated

My Android app shows my favourite genres (Metal, Punk, Pop and Rock) but web player shows Indie/alternative instead of pop. What is the reason. And I have never listened pop on my account. - I think.

• Music Fan
  • My Android app shows my favourite genres (Metal, Punk, Pop and Rock) but web player shows Indie/alternative instead of pop.    What is the reason. And I have never listened pop on my acco...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify opens and plays by itself!

PlanPremiumCountryNLDeviceS8Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSpotify opens and plays by itself! I knew this was an issue before and that there was a fix for it. However, this never happened to me until yesterday. It's extremely frustrati...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country NL Device S8 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Spotify opens and plays by itself! I knew this was an issue before and that there was a fix for it. ...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

All songs folder?

None of the below information is required. Howdfever, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10...

• Regular
  • None of the below information is required. Howdfever, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Mac...
  • peanek
  • Visitor
  • 15 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify keeps downloading all playlists and all albums to my device

Spotify keeps dowloading all my albums and playlists to my device, eating almost all of my storage!I've tried to reset everything, but it does that over and over. I want to have only selected albums and playlists available offline! PlanPremiumDevicex...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify keeps dowloading all my albums and playlists to my device, eating almost all of my storage! I've tried to reset everything, but it does that over and over.    I want to have only...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Car view: Keep the screen on

Car view: Keep the screen on Can you make this option available for us? Car view doesn't make sense if the screen turns off while we are driving. Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • Car view: Keep the screen on   Can you make this option available for us? Car view doesn't make sense if the screen turns off while we are driving.   Thank you  
  • eandonova
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

App crashes upon launch; typical troubleshooting methods not helping

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicemoto x4Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueWhen I try to launch Spotify app I get the gray screen with the big Spotify logo in the middle for a second or two, then just gray screen for another second or two, then ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device moto x4 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue When I try to launch Spotify app I get the gray screen with the big Spotify logo in the middle...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify freezes when trying to share and a long etc.

PlanFree and PremiumCountry AllDeviceRedmi 6AOperating System(Android.)In my case the problem came when updating the Xiaomi miui 10.4 My Question or IssueThe app freezes when clicking the three dots, when trying to share a song, playlist, artist, etc...

• Regular
  • Plan Free and Premium Country All Device Redmi 6A Operating System (Android.) In my case the problem came when updating the Xiaomi miui 10.4   My Question or Issue The app fre...
  • mikepro
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Playing music on other devices causes Android screen wake if the app is open

PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealandDeviceXiaomi Mi MixOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueIf the Android Spotify app is open, and music is played on another device on the same Spotify account, the Android Spotify app will cause screenwakes at...

• Plan Premium Country New Zealand Device Xiaomi Mi Mix Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue If the Android Spotify app is open, and music is played on another device on...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Behavior
    UI
    UX
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sony Xperia 1 not downloading songs

PlanPremium CountryUK DeviceSony Xperia 1 Operating SystemAndroid version 9 My Question or IssueI have just upgraded my phone to Sony Xperia 1, installed Spotify, but am unable to download any songs. Click on download for album or playlist and just s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country UK   Device Sony Xperia 1   Operating System Android version 9   My Question or Issue I have just upgraded my phone to Sony Xperia 1, installed...
  • youleeca
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Xperia 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Vibrating between songs and on startup of app

Does anyone know how to disable vibration notifications on Spotify on Android app? Running Android 9 and newest version of Spotify. I'm looking to disable the haptic function of the notification within the app itself. I would like to keep the playbac...

• Casual Listener
  • Does anyone know how to disable vibration notifications on Spotify on Android app? Running Android 9 and newest version of Spotify.   I'm looking to disable the haptic function of the notifica...
  • ys20q0bw-_sko
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

How to stop music from starting automatically on launch when connected to car Bluetooth

Hi.When i get in my car, my phone (oneplus 5t) connects to the car's Bluetooth system.In that case, when i launch the app, it starts playing from where i last stopped listening. usually i want to choose a podcast for the drive, not to be startled by ...

• Visitor
  • Hi. When i get in my car, my phone (oneplus 5t) connects to the car's Bluetooth system. In that case, when i launch the app, it starts playing from where i last stopped listening.   usually ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes