Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music in app is TOO QUIET- comparing to other apps on Android

PlanPremium Family planCountryPolandDeviceXiaomi Mi Mix2 MDE5, it was attending on Samsung galaxy s9 as wellOperating SystemAndroid 9 Pie, but it was attending before update on 8 Oreo as well My Question or IssueHello, Can You please explain why it i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family plan Country Poland Device Xiaomi Mi Mix2 MDE5, it was attending on Samsung galaxy s9 as well Operating System Android 9 Pie, but it was attending before update on 8 Oreo a...
  • Lum1r
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

SD Card self deletes - switches to internal storage. (2nd thread)

PlanPremium (Family)CountryUKDeviceSamsung Note9 + Note10+Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueSpotify keeps switching to the internal phone storage and ignoring the SD Card that 4000+ downloads are supposed to be saved to. Saving to the S...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium (Family) Country UK Device Samsung Note9 + Note10+ Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps switching to the internal phone storage and ignoring t...
  • Flunk
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Playlists] Remember Playlist scroll position

Currently for playlists I have created myself, the scroll position is reset to the top if you leave the playlist screen and return to it, ie. viewing play queue, or switch to another app. This doesn't happen when playing music from an Artist or Album...

• Roadie
  • Currently for playlists I have created myself, the scroll position is reset to the top if you leave the playlist screen and return to it, ie. viewing play queue, or switch to another app. This doesn'...
  • Blazbaros
  • Regular
  • 20 replies
  • 149 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 20 replies
  • 149 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

This is concerning premium users mostly, however I am sure that there are free users that relied on this feature too. Alongside the new update, which changed the library UI in Android app, one of the most useful features disappeared: browsing saved s...

• Casual Listener
  • This is concerning premium users mostly, however I am sure that there are free users that relied on this feature too.    Alongside the new update, which changed the library UI in Android ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 123 replies
  • 166 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 166 likes

Android app font size is too big

The font size of Android app has got too big. I got a 5.7" smart phone and this is not convinient when trying to read what's written on the screen. I think there should be an adjustble parameter in the settings for the font size.

• The font size of Android app has got too big. I got a 5.7" smart phone and this is not convinient when trying to read what's written on the screen. I think there should be an adjustble parameter in t...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Customized Settings
    font size
    UI
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ridiculously slow Android app

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8Operating SystemAndroid PieMy IssueFor about 2 weeks now my app has been completely unusable. It doesn't load anything. When I am able to search for a song, artist, or album, it just gets stuck with th...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Operating System Android Pie My Issue For about 2 weeks now my app has been completely unusable. It doesn't load anything. When I ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Bluetooth media controls not working

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceOnePlus 5TOperating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or Issue When I connect my phone to my car's stereo, the media controls only allow me to skip one song until I reconnect to the stereo the next time I drive. I ha...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device OnePlus 5T Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue   When I connect my phone to my car's stereo, the media controls ...
  • anderman1705
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Option to store offline songs on SD car not longer available

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSony XZ PremiumOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueAfter ne newest update to version 8.5.27.957, i'm not longer able to move the offline songs to my SD card. The option disapeared and not available.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Sony XZ Premium Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue After ne newest update to version 8.5.27.957, i'm not longer able to move ...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont pause songs

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceGalaxy J8Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueWhen i'm listening to spotify and i want to hear an audio on whatsapp, spotify will lower the volume but won't pause the song, making it very hard to hear the audio.Is th...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device Galaxy J8 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue When i'm listening to spotify and i want to hear an audio on whatsapp, spoti...
  • Azell
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Pro Addon C10 connection problems

PlanPremium FamilyDeviceSony Xperia XZ1 CompactSpeakerAudio Pro Addon C10Operating SystemAndroid PieMy Question or IssueHej,sometime I have trouble connecting to my Audio Pro Addon C10 speakers via wifi. They are shown as available and when I choose ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family Device Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact Speaker Audio Pro Addon C10 Operating System Android Pie My Question or Issue Hej, sometime I have trouble connecting to my Audio Pro Addo...
  • Simonsmith32
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify for artists app don't show releases menu

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Samsung Galaxy A7)Operating System(Android 9) My Question or IssueIn Spotify for artists android app "Releases" menu is missing from Music section just like "Upcoming" too while both displayed in desktop browsers. I can...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Samsung Galaxy A7) Operating System (Android 9)   My Question or Issue In Spotify for artists android app "Releases" menu is missing fr...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Músicas indisponíveis no android

Boa noite, tenho algumas músicas indisponíveis que eu ouvia sempre e agora não funcionam mais, como faço para escutar elas novamente?

• Visitor
  • Boa noite, tenho algumas músicas indisponíveis que eu ouvia sempre e agora não funcionam mais, como faço para escutar elas novamente?
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening on airplane mode but Sync with 2 devices

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceMy Phone: Huawei P30 Pro Friends Phone: Huawei P30My Question or IssueHello i am soon having a long plane flight so my question is: is it possible to listen the same songs/playlist/ sync on airplane mode with 2 devices?...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device My Phone: Huawei P30 Pro Friends Phone: Huawei P30 My Question or Issue Hello i am soon having a long plane flight so my question is: is it possible to list...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't log from Android phone

This is so frustrating. Every morning during the commute, I connect my phone to my car and find out that it can't login! I created the account through facebook so if I try to login through facebook, it says something went wrong and I should try again...

• Visitor
  • This is so frustrating. Every morning during the commute, I connect my phone to my car and find out that it can't login! I created the account through facebook so if I try to login through facebook, ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops when phone locks

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung s10 My Question or IssueOnly sometimes when my phone locks my music stops playing. Even when connected to bluetooth devices. The second I light my phone up it starts playing. Phone and spotify both up to date.Anyone ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung s10   My Question or Issue Only sometimes when my phone locks my music stops playing. Even when connected to bluetooth devices. The second ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Bug related to adding a song

When I'm adding a song to favorite is not adding, but if I will add a song to my playlist is adding to favorite...PlanPremium DeviceHuawei P20 lite

• When I'm adding a song to favorite is not adding, but if I will add a song to my playlist is adding to favorite... Plan Premium   Device Huawei P20 lite  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play a specific podcast playlist on Pixel 2XL

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDevicePixel 2 XLOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHello! I have trouble playing a podcast playlist on my device. It was working fine until 2 days ago, and it suddenly can't be played nor downloaded. I've tried ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device Pixel 2 XL Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Hello! I have trouble playing a podcast playlist on my device. It was working fine u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pausing and stopping now resolved for me

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 10 note My Question or IssueI have seen so many complaints about spotify stopping and pausing - i had the same problem but I found the guide had information that fixed the issue for me so I thought I wo...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia Device Samsung Galaxy 10 note     My Question or Issue I have seen so many complaints about spotify stopping and pausing - i had the same pro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • pause
    stop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Google Assistant] Bad and inconsistent behavior

PlanFamilyCountrySwedenDevicePixel 3Operating SystemAndroid 10 (fully updated) My Question or IssueWhen asking Google Assistant to play music on Spotify, the behavior is very inconsistent, and more often than not, it fails to play anything.I try diff...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Country Sweden Device Pixel 3 Operating System Android 10 (fully updated)   My Question or Issue When asking Google Assistant to play music on Spotify, the behavior is very...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs Starting from the middle or later

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 EdgeOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueLately Songs in the "made for you" playlists are suddenly played from the middle, some are played for the last few seconds. The crossfade and gapless play are ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Lately Songs in the "made for you" playlists are suddenly played from the midd...
  • nevasith
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes