Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify fails to resume playing

Spotify fails to resume playing

Brief description of the issue:

Music is paused when receiving a phone call but does not continue after the call ends provided it is over a certain length.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start playing music from spotify
  2. Receiev phone call
  3. End phone call after a period (resuming worked at about 1 minute 30 seconds but not at 3 minutes 20 seconds)
  4. Musci does not resume

What steps you’ve tried already:

1. Restarted device

2. Reinstalled spotify following the guide here: https://support.spotify.com/dk/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

3. Had my girlfriend install spotify and repeated test (same problem)

Samsung galaxy s6 edge (Also tested on samsung galaxy s7)

Android v6.0.1

Type of Spotify account you have (Free/ Premium): Premium

The app version of Spotify you’re using: 6.0.0.864 armV7

4 Replies

If you look at your screen (not lock screen), is Spotify widget grayed out after the call? This is a long running bug that's been bugging me (hoho) for ages and they don't seem to have much interest in fixing it. Widget crashes separately from the app itself, every now and then I am actually listening to music and the widget is grayed out. If I take out the plug and plug it back in, music does not resume if widget is not working.

Hello,

Your problem may be due to restrictions on how long your phone allows apps to run in the background. If you've made any custom changes to these settings, that may be worth looking into.

If you have not made any changes to background process limits, perhaps you can make sure that they are set correctly either in the "memory" subpage of your phone's settings, or the phone's developer options. From there, try setting different limits on the number of background processes and see if anything solves your issue.

I hope that gives you some ideas to start off.

navaira : I haven't noticed any greying out but maybe I just have not noticed.

klay1070 : I have not changed any settings. Audible is able to continue without issues after calls of equal length and longer. The problem only exists with Spotify.

Set your permissions for Spotify to allow phone.

You can find this under settings - apps - Spotify - permissions

Suggested posts