Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify forgets the song it's playing after awhile

Spotify forgets the song it's playing after awhile

I have the problem on my Android phone. I can listen to a song, then pause it. And when I'm done work, or have taken like 15-20 minute pause it doesn't want to play again, and I have to open the app again and find what song I were listening to(and usually I don't remember so I just pick one).

Is there a way to make Sporifty *really* remember the song I'm playing so that I can just press play on the widget or my headphones? Really annoying.

10 Replies

Hi. I thought I'd try to reproduce this. Are you sending spotify to the background? Do you get this with both offline and online playlists?

Yes, because in the course of the pause I use other programs like message, so it does go to the background, but the player in the locked screen and widget are still there, but the song is forgotten. And it happens on both online and offline playlists as I have not discovered it finds the song after the pause at all, ever... I have to find a new song every time.

I'll try tonight and put a song on, pause it, and leave the phone alone for the night to see if it's forgotten tomorrow.

Thanks, I'll give it a try 🙂

It still forgot it, I played of a song, and put it in the background. When I woke up Spotify was like: "What song? Wadda ya mean?"

Hey stefan!

You're definitely not alone with that, it's a really annoying bug. There also exists an idea about it here.

Since it's a bug rather than an actual idea I will escalate this to the staff so a new entry in the Bug section gets created. So it will hopefully be addressed and fixed soon. 😉

I was amazed today, after work it remembered. But I haven't really updated Spotify now, I think. But it's too late to scream it's fixed, but for now this one time(so far) it remembered it!

It was probably just luck 🙂 Stay lucky!

I have the exact problem on my HTC One w/ android 4.2.2. Listen to my library shuffled, pause it, go into work or whatever, try to go back to Spotify later and resume and it seems to have forgotten where it was. The skip forward and back buttons grey out. However in my case it usually will remember the one track I was paused on and I can often get it to play it again, although it always forgets the exact time spot within the song I was paused on. Also after playing it again it just repeats as if this is the only track in my library. To get it working right again I have to go back to the library and pick a new track to play, then it begins shuffling normally.

I'll chase this up.

Did anything happen with this? Whenever I pause for half an hour or so, it forgets what it was doing. It won't show what it was playing until I select the device it was connected to again. This is android wifi streaming to an edifier speaker.

Suggested posts