Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify gets stuck on loading screen.

Solved!

Spotify gets stuck on loading screen.

I have a paid suscription and for almost two month now, everytime I do a cold boot on the Spotify app on my phone, the appliaction stucks with the green loading icon when I try to select any of my own playlists. 

It wount display any tracks I have stored in the list and it doesn't matter if I select a list with just a couple of songs or a huge list with over thousand tracks on it. I have maybe around fifteen different tracks that vary amounts of track from 40 songs to one list with 2000, mostly around 3-400. 

It takes maybe ten to fifteen minuts before I can select to lissen to any of the playlist, and if i manage to start an already selected track, it will freeze and stop playing for a couple of seconds before it starts again during this hole time. 

It feels like it's trying to index every song I have every single time I start the app, without storing it between boots. 

Help me, this is really fustrating when I don't have anything to lissen to almost half my way to work etc. 

I'm using Spotify for Android version 3.9.0.965 on HTC One M8 5.0.1, programnumber 4.16.401.13

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try a clean install using the guide linked in my signature?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Can you try a clean install using the guide linked in my signature?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yes, it works! I've used the app whole week without any more problem with loading screens. Thank you so much for your help!

i have already did that and waited an hour but still, NOPE

Hey @mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sending a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info. We'll take a closer look.

Also, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts