Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify goes mad when multiple people on group session controls (not in parallel) the song track

Spotify goes mad when multiple people on group session controls (not in parallel) the song track

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9, OnePlus Nord

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Use case:

GET on a group session of 2 members

Issues observed:

1. Frequent pauses in the track which are not intented - not very clear of the cause here
  2. issues observed when one of the invitees joins backs after a recess - a glitch is seen in the track at the other user end, as the song gets paused
  3. In the 2 member use case- -when 1 person is controllign the track its fine , but when the other person as well is controlling (even if not simultaneously ) , the song seems to be playing -from the song bar and the time tick , but the music is not audible -- here there is no issue with the physical speaker, but the song itself seems to not be audible, though seen as playing

Workaround :

1. ended group session
  2. one person sent the invite again
  3. the same person took control
  4. issue not observed

1 Reply

Hello there @Thulasi_Raghavan , thanks for reaching out.

I've had similar issues on a listening session before but it was just that one time.

For now, the workaround you posted seems to be the best bet at dealing with the problem.

Thanks for posting, it could help other users.

I also apologize for the inconvenience.

Take care.

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts