Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is trying to play notification is not going away

Spotify is trying to play notification is not going away

Plan

Free

Device

Xiaomi Note 9

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hello, recently with the latest update, my Spotify went crazy and sending a notification to me about the song is trying to play. This notification is not going away. I tried clean reinstall and turning off and on the notifications but that's only a temporary solution. I guess this issue reappeared again with the latest update. 

PS: The notification goes away if you turn off the Spotify Music notifications but that's not a proper solution.

9 Replies

Hi there @도깨비

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, and welcome 🙂

Would you mind letting us know the exact OS version of your device, along with the exact app version you're currently running?

It would also be helpful to have a screenshot where we can take a better look at this notification. You can attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same issue , I keep getting a notification in my status bar saying "Spotify is trying to play..." And it won't let me swipe it away and force stopping the app only works for a little while before it pops back up.

Screenshot_20210921-175236_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20210921-175013_Chrome.jpg

Hey @Akafroggie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Could you try logging out, restarting your phone, and logging back in? If that doesn't make any difference, try restarting the app twice in a row. It may sound odd but it's how the app refreshes.

If this behavior persists, could you let us know if it happens when using a different Internet connection, like mobile data or another WiFi network? We'd also like to know when this started happening and if it was after a specific event, such as an app or OS update.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I'm having the same issue. Persistent notification only resolved by force closing. Been an ongoing issue for a couple months. Doesn't matter if connected to wifi or mobile data. Notification literally just says spotify is trying to play. Any headway on this?

Hey there @Boodenlicious,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, does this happen when you use devices like Bluetooth speakers to play sound instead of directly from your phone?

On another note, we suggest that you go to your phone's Settings > Apps & Notifications > Spotify > turn off all notifications then turn them back on. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

To clarify, I do NOT have to play any music for this notification to
present itself. Turning of and on notifications does nothing to help. This
is happening on Note 20 Ultra, Fold 3, Flip 3 so this is common enough
problem that I'm seeing it on all three devices. Yes, they are updated.
I've Uninstalled and reinstalled.

Thanks

Hey @Boodenlicious,

Thanks for your reply.

Does it happen when using a different connection, like another WiFi network or mobile data? Also and to confirm, is that notification appearing even though you're not using the app at all (not even open in the background)?

Additionally, we'd like to know the exact Spotify version you're running.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Same problem here on Note20 Ultra. My phone and apps are fully updated. I have tried every solution listed and nothing is working. Seems like a hard battery drain that should be being addressed. Any forward momentum on an actual solution?

Hi @StacyD,

Thank you for posting on this thread.

If you've already reinstalled the app, please do it one more time following these steps for a clean reinstall. They will ensure you remove any old data or damaged cache.

Also, does the same happen if the app is set to Offline Listening? (In case you're a Premium user).

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts