Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps crashing on cyanogenmod 11.

Solved!

Spotify keeps crashing on cyanogenmod 11.

I've downloaded the newest verion of spotify and every time I open it and try to log in it crashes and the phone reboots. Any help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@marcobaudo wrote:

I have the same problem, with S2, but I think that phone crashes when it is charging, only. Probably the problem is related to the charge. Any one have news about???

As your problem is with a custom rom I would suggest you ask in the xda of cm forums. It doesn't seem a Spotify issue to me. 

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Try a really clean install, following all the steps in this post., even if you don't use an external SD card. If you still have problems, please post all the info requested in the template here.

I'm having the exact same problem.

Phone: Xperia S

Android 4.4.2

Kernel 3.4.0-ILiTE-v1.0

CyanogenMod version: 11-20140202-UNOFFICIAL-nozomi

Clean install, wiping data, etc doesn't change anything. In fact, this is on a fresh (1 day old) instal of CyanogenMod.

I've seen a couple of reports of issues with CM. I also see you're using an Unofficial port too. Can I suggest you post in the ROM thread and see if any other users have the issue as it's more likely that there is something in the build that is causing the issue.

It may be helpful when you post in the rom thread if you can provide a logcat

Android Troubleshooting:

By rom thread, do you mean over on xda-developers? I definitely plan to post there too (currently trying to acquire the post count required!)

I had considered that it was likely a build-specific bug, and of course don't expect everything to work perfectly in an unofficial port, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to post here as well just in case there were any Spotify-specific anomalies people were aware of - after all, every other app I've used on that rom is working as expected.

Yeah. On Xda please, it may well be a missing lib or some other minor tweak.

Android Troubleshooting:

I have the same problem, with S2, but I think that phone crashes when it is charging, only. Probably the problem is related to the charge. Any one have news about???

Marked as solution

@marcobaudo wrote:

As your problem is with a custom rom I would suggest you ask in the xda of cm forums. It doesn't seem a Spotify issue to me. 

Android Troubleshooting:

ok thank's

Suggested posts