Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps moving playlists from SD to internal storage

Spotify keeps moving playlists from SD to internal storage

I’ve recently bought a Moto G (3rd Gen) android phone which has 8gb internal storage and 32gb SD card.

When downloading playlists/albums to Spotify, initially it saves the files to my SD card and plays the files back fine. After a few hours (I think after I’ve charged the phone again), on opening Spotify all my playlists have un-downloaded and Spotify starts automatically downloading them again to the internal storage.

Weirdly all the original files on my SD card still seem to be there when looking at the file manager – so I end up with 2 copies of everything.

I have tried every solution that I can (having looked at all the ideas people have suggested here), e.g:

• Completely removing Spotify (including all folders and cache etc) and reinstalling – three times I’ve done this
  • I’ve swapped the SD card with a different one completely
  • I’ve wiped and unmounted and reinstalled the same SD card a few times

Any ideas? Obviously my phone’s internal storage is tiny so I need to be able to download and use music via SD – otherwise I’ll have to cancel my Spotify contract and go with Google…

Thanks!

6 Replies

I have the same problem!

Me too 😞

Assuming that you are on Marshmallow, there is a solution for Moto X that may work.

Go to the app manager and find the Spotify app. Open the app permissions and check if Spotify has permission to modify the SD card. Obviously, enable the permission if it isn't enabled.

Hey dude, thanks for the answer, but I needed something more to solve my problem, I did all these mentioned steps in this post below and now I got it. 😄

https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/mobileforumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/page/1/thread-i...

I have the same problem and it's driving me NUTS!!! Amd the link to the solution isn't working.

can you post the solution? the link you provided does not work

Suggested posts