Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ryocrybabyy
  • Casual Listener
  • 61 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 61 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble Saving Songs

Hey I don't know if this on here somewhere else or not. I am having an issue on Spotify where I can no longer save songs or add them to playlists with the pop up menu. I tried reinstalling just in case but it didn't fix the issue. Thank you for your ...

• Hey I don't know if this on here somewhere else or not. I am having an issue on Spotify where I can no longer save songs or add them to playlists with the pop up menu. I tried reinstalling just in ca...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain songs do not contain album art and do not go to the next song when finished

Certain songs do not show album art (only a grey box with a disc in the middle) and once they are done playing do not advance to the next song. The only way I have found to fix this is by completely reinstalling the application. The problem is that e...

• Certain songs do not show album art (only a grey box with a disc in the middle) and once they are done playing do not advance to the next song.  The only way I have found to fix this is by compl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching for a song

When I try search for a song after the first or second letter it exits to my phone home screen, any ideas??

• Casual Listener
  • When I try search for a song after the first or second letter it exits to my phone home screen, any ideas??
  • headey
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No puedo seleccionar destinatario para compartir musica

Cuando pongo compartir a un destinatario y completo el campo destinatario con el nombre de usuario, no lo reconoce (aclaro que lo tengo agregado y siguiendo como amigo).Uso spoty en mi tablet galaxy tab s con Android lolipop. Ayuda por favor. Gracias...

• Casual Listener
  • Cuando pongo compartir a un destinatario y completo el campo destinatario con el nombre de usuario, no lo reconoce (aclaro que lo tengo agregado y siguiendo como amigo). Uso spoty en mi tablet galax...
  • Zerodensetsu
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

galaxy s3 i9300 e SD card 64gb

Boa tarde pessoal, estou com seguinte problema: tenho um galaxy s3 i9300 que uso só pra tocar as musicas no meu carro (via bluetooth), uso ele offline e sempre baixei as musicas na memoria interna do celular e sempre funcionou perfeitamente. Recentem...

• Boa tarde pessoal, estou com seguinte problema:   tenho um galaxy s3 i9300 que uso só pra tocar as musicas no meu carro (via bluetooth), uso ele offline e sempre baixei as musicas na memoria i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast doesn't show up when I get on wifi

Use case:I am coming home. My phone connects to my home wifi. Chromecast isn't showing up in devices.This used to work. Now I have to kill the app in Android, restart it and only then will it show my devices correctly.It baffles me how the app actual...

• Music Fan
  • Use case: I am coming home. My phone connects to my home wifi. Chromecast isn't showing up in devices. This used to work.   Now I have to kill the app in Android, restart it and only the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

7.9 - very slow to download offline over wifi

I've never had issues before but within the last couple weeks, all of a sudden it takes 10 minutes to download an album (first world problems) when it used to take like 30 seconds.Before you ask,Same wifi connection I've always hadSame music quality ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've never had issues before but within the last couple weeks, all of a sudden it takes 10 minutes to download an album (first world problems) when it used to take like 30 seconds. Before you ask,...
  • Academic
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Selected music does not play, only unrelated suggestions

I have been frustrated many times recently when shuffle playing a range of different playlists and albums, I have not been permitted to listen to any of the actual songs I chose but instead a stream of totally unrelated songs from different genres al...

• I have been frustrated many times recently when shuffle playing a range of different playlists and albums, I have not been permitted to listen to any of the actual songs I chose but instead a stream ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant open downloaded songs

I've used factory settings on my phone now the problem is I can see all my old songs on my SD card but Spotify want me to download all of them again.. How can I fix this little problem? I also can't choose where do I want to save my music's

• I've used factory settings on my phone now the problem is I can see all my old songs on my SD card but Spotify want me to download all of them again.. How can I fix this little problem? I also can't ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify bug on it's storage reports wont let me nor download nor install any other apps

I've got to know a bug in spotify, where it store the offline music you download onto the SD but reports beeing used internal memory.I know and have read another article (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-uses-my-internal-memory-also-i...

• I've got to know a bug in spotify, where it store the offline music you download onto the SD but reports beeing used internal memory. I know and have read another article (https://community.spotify....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't start radio, share, go to artist or go to album.

When i search for a song and want to go to that song's Radio. i click on the 3 dots next to it and click on *Go to song radio" but nothing happens, the menu closes and nothing, so i tried to click on *Go to Album" and still nothing. same with ALL the...

• Casual Listener
  • When i search for a song and want to go to that song's Radio. i click on the 3 dots next to it and click on *Go to song radio" but nothing happens, the menu closes and nothing, so i tried to click on...
  • Thure1989
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume is too low :(

march 2017, updated spotify on android have too low volume. I'm using original motorola earphone. please add volume gain option on settings!!! I don't want to be stuck on the android volume limiter.

• Visitor
  • march 2017, updated spotify on android have too low volume. I'm using original motorola earphone. please add volume gain option on settings!!! I don't want to be stuck on the android volume limiter.
  • labelscollected
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify stops playing songs after 1 second, all Albums are downloaded on smartphone

Spotify stops playing songs after 1 second,all Albums are downloaded on smartphone I must a few times disable BT connection on radio or phone and it works for the next moment reinstall / new song download - nothing help Samsung S7 bluetooth connectio...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify stops playing songs after 1 second, all Albums are downloaded on smartphone   I must a few times disable BT connection on radio  or phone and it works for the next moment  ...
  • tazzharm
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Meztlybayardo

I made me premium yesterday and today doesn't open my premium cuality

• Casual Listener
  • I made me premium yesterday and today doesn't open my premium cuality
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist not downloading

I selected download option. It says downloading. I see my songs waiting for download. Nothing happens. I have already Uninstalled and reinstalled app. I have plenty of memory and space on phone. Does the pc version of Spotify first have to do somethi...

• I selected download option. It says downloading. I see my songs waiting for download. Nothing happens. I have already Uninstalled and reinstalled app. I have plenty of memory and space on phone. Does...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

This album can't play

Why I can't play this album?

• Why I can't play this album?
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded Music Won't Play

Hi! I downloaded a playlist I made and some songs won't play on offline mode. I tried re-downloading the playlist over and over but they still won't play. They work perfectly fine online, though. Thank you.

• Visitor
  • Hi!   I downloaded a playlist I made and some songs won't play on offline mode. I tried re-downloading the playlist over and over but they still won't play. They work perfectly fine ...
  • Pgrist47
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App becomes unusable after trying too download multiple podcasts.

Samsung galaxy s7 ive recreated this twice now. Ive done a clean install twice, then the app works completely fine im even able too download all my songs. But after about a minute of downloading podcasts the app crashes.

• Samsung galaxy s7 ive recreated this twice now. Ive done a clean install twice, then the app works completely fine im even able too download all my songs. But after about a minute of downloading podc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android phone randomly takes over stream

Sometimes when I'm listening to music it stops and then says "Playing on Samsung Galaxy S7". The thing is, neither my wife nor I even opened Spotify. This has happened while I'm at work listening to music and she is sleeping, then woken up by angry m...

• Music Fan
  • Sometimes when I'm listening to music it stops and then says "Playing on Samsung Galaxy S7". The thing is, neither my wife nor I even opened Spotify. This has happened while I'm at work listening to ...
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes