Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening to Spotify without Wifi

Hey! I have the Spotify app (free version) on my Samsung Galaxy s7 phone. It was playing great in my car up until 3 days ago. Now the app tells me I don't have internet connection. Or, it will start playing when I'm still connected to wifi, but then ...

• Hey! I have the Spotify app (free version) on my Samsung Galaxy s7 phone. It was playing great in my car up until 3 days ago. Now the app tells me I don't have internet connection. Or, it will start ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't remove songs from playlist

i try to remove songs from my playlist. That's works for a moment, but some time later, all the songs back again... **bleep**? That's happened on Windows client and Android Client. Att,

• i try to remove songs from my playlist. That's works for a moment, but some time later, all the songs back again... **bleep**? That's happened on Windows client and Android Client.   Att,
  • cadmielp
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't show my download music

Hello , everytime I turn off my phone all my download music disappears from the App leaving it only to be heard via stream .The music isn't deleted since I can still see it in the SD storage.The issue is not from the SD since this problem started hap...

• Hello , everytime I turn off my phone all my download music disappears from the App leaving it only to be heard via stream .The music isn't deleted since I can still see it in the SD storage. The is...
  • cadmielp
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Set Spotify as default music player

This seems to have been a problem for a long time on android and is exclusive to Spotify.https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/thread-id/3301/page/3Please fix!

• Regular
  • This seems to have been a problem for a long time on android and is exclusive to Spotify. https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/thread-id/3301/page/3 P...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Playing On Another Device

I have spotify installed on two android phones. I'm listening on one and then randomly the other one starts playing which stops it playing on the phone I am originally listening to it on. What's going on?

• Music Fan
  • I have spotify installed on two android phones. I'm listening on one and then randomly the other one starts playing which stops it playing on the phone I am originally listening to it on. What's goin...
  • Vanterax
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Notification bar controls cropped

My notification bar menu (or whatever this thing is called) only shows 1 or 2 letters of the song and album i am listening to. Screenshot in the attachments. Is there a way to fix that? I am using a ZUK Z2 Android 7.0.

• My notification bar menu (or whatever this thing is called) only shows 1 or 2 letters of the song and album i am listening to. Screenshot in the attachments. Is there a way to fix that? I am using a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle is broken

I have a playlist where I keep all of my music, and when I press shuffle play, it just plays my playlist in order. I've tried clearing the cache, I've tried reinstalling it, I've tried restarting my phone, and nothing works.

• I have a playlist where I keep all of my music, and when I press shuffle play, it just plays my playlist in order. I've tried clearing the cache, I've tried reinstalling it, I've tried restarting my ...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

shuffle wont work

for some reason my shuffle wont work on either pc or android.i reinstalled, logged out and back in, checked if there's anything in the queue (there isnt).doesnt make a differnce if shuffle is on or off, it plays in order of how the songs are listed i...

• Casual Listener
  • for some reason my shuffle wont work on either pc or android. i reinstalled, logged out and back in, checked if there's anything in the queue (there isnt). doesnt make a differnce if shuffle is on ...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Mobile][Playlists] Buttons not working since last update

Just to let you know that buttons are not working since last update. I can't add or remove songs from playlists. I keep tapping and it won't do anything. (Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge)

• Visitor
  • Just to let you know that buttons are not working since last update. I can't add or remove songs from playlists. I keep tapping and it won't do anything. (Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge)
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I didnt get my 30 days free trial on my first month of going premium

I was shown an offer by spotify the official website, to try a 30 days free trial. I clicked, it then let me to a page where I have to pay a month to start the trial. I assume that's what it is. So I did. I payed February 21st 2017. if my trial reall...

• Regular
  • I was shown an offer by spotify the official website, to try a 30 days free trial. I clicked, it then let me to a page where I have to pay a month to start the trial. I assume that's what it is. So I...
  • Cjho08
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Truncated playlist using shuffle on Chromecast

Apologies if this has been covered before. I did look, but my specs my need cleaning. I'm generally happy with Spotify shuffle, but recently, I've been finding that when I connect to Chromecast, the list changes and is replaced with a much narrower c...

• Music Fan
  • Apologies if this has been covered before. I did look, but my specs my need cleaning.   I'm generally happy with Spotify shuffle, but recently, I've been finding that when I connect to Ch...
  • Garbonzo
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

All music undownloading.

Hi , I'm very new here and have started paying for spotify and when it works how it should I have a fantastic experience.Now my problem is I have to keep downloading over 500 songs as on my galaxy s7 edge it keeps u downloading. I've seen a few posts...

• Hi , I'm very new here and have started paying for spotify and when it works how it should I have a fantastic experience. Now my problem is I have to keep downloading over 500 songs as on my galax...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I remove song from ALL area's of "your library"

I deleted a few songs from "all songs" in "my Library", but they are still in there respected playlists.... at the moment I have to go through each one of my playlists and remove the song multiple times in order to totally remove it from "my library"...

• Regular
  • I deleted a few songs from "all songs" in "my Library", but they are still in there respected playlists.... at the moment I have to go through each one of my playlists and remove the song multiple ti...
  • justinewin_
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Add Songs to Playlist?

I'm using the latest version of Spotify for Android and every time I try and add a song to one of my playlists the app simply closes the overlay for the song that comes up after pressing the ...The overlay closes as if I haven't clicked on it at all ...

• I'm using the latest version of Spotify for Android and every time I try and add a song to one of my playlists the app simply closes the overlay for the song that comes up after pressing the ... The...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all songs in playlist

Hey, I recently created a playlist with around 200+ songs in it on my Windows PC. When I am on my PC the playlist and songs are all there. My issue is with my Android phone, when I go into the playlist on the phone there are only 17 of the 200+ songs...

• Regular
  • Hey,   I recently created a playlist with around 200+ songs in it on my Windows PC. When I am on my PC the playlist and songs are all there.   My issue is with my Android phone, wh...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android] triple dot "more" menu no longer functional

I'm running Spotify version 8.1.0.785 on Android 7.1.1, updated on 3/24/17 (Friday, March 24th). The triple dot "more" menu has been updated visually to match all versions of the app (rising up from the bottom, solid black with white bold text). Unfo...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm running Spotify version 8.1.0.785 on Android 7.1.1, updated on 3/24/17 (Friday, March 24th). The triple dot "more" menu has been updated visually to match all versions of the app (rising up from ...
  • DavidH7890
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution PS4-846 keeps connecting to my Spotify and changing the songs!

I don't even own a PS4. How can disconnect devices? It won't let me. Also, is the only way to avoid this, to go completely offline, bluetooth turned off and wifi off? Thanks!

• Regular
  • I don't even own a PS4. How can disconnect devices? It won't let me. Also, is the only way to avoid this, to go completely offline, bluetooth turned off and wifi off?    Thanks!
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Available devices vanishing after playing Daily Mix

The Daily Mixes are awesome, but every time I play one of them my listed available devices to stream music too vanish. In my case this is my Echo. I can play music to it via bluetooth pairing, but it is no longer listed under available devices. It di...

• The Daily Mixes are awesome, but every time I play one of them my listed available devices to stream music too vanish.  In my case this is my Echo.  I can play music to it via bluetooth pai...
  • rbellman
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Use My Options

Ever since I updated the app on Android, every time I view the options for a song, it won't actually perform whatever action I choose (adding to a playlist, viewing artist, etc.) Any suggestions?

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since I updated the app on Android, every time I view the options for a song, it won't actually perform whatever action I choose (adding to a playlist, viewing artist, etc.) Any suggestions?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to keep widget and remove Album art from Lock Screen

Everybody who walks by my desk sees the album art of the song I'm listening, too often inappropiate images for a work desk. People believe that's my ScreenSaverIt's not acceptable that Spotify makes the user remove also the widget if you don't want t...

• Everybody who walks by my desk sees the album art of the song I'm listening, too often inappropiate images for a work desk. People believe that's my ScreenSaver It's not acceptable that ...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes