NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps opening, starting & stopping music by itself

Spotify keeps opening, starting & stopping music by itself

Device

OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have the problem that spotify keeps opening itself and starting / stopping music. I've already clean reinstalled the spotify app.

A few weeks ago I had the problem but back then spotify only opened itself and didn't stop/start my music. Now it also stops my music when I'm listening on my PC.

My only workaround right now is to freeze the spotify app, because this is very annoying!

I hope someone knows what to do, because everything I found in this forum didn't work for me.

Thank you in advance!

5 Replies

Hey! Sorry to hear you're having issues!

Sounds to me like someone may have gained access to your account without your knowledge. Could you try a couple things and then let me know if the problem still continues?

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases. (Facebook users have to change their Facebook password instead.)

2) Also on your Account page, there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all active devices. If you do this as well as change your password then hopefully the problem will disappear!

For more information, you might want to check out this article.

If this doesn't work for you let me know, I'll see if I can come up with some other way to help 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

Thank you for your answer, but I'm pretty sure that this isn't the problem since this wouldn't explain why the spotify app keeps opening itself and why listening to music on my computer works fine when spotify is disabled / uninstalled on my phone. 

But I'll try it anyway. 

Last half an our I could listen to music just fine. No unexpected pauses. 

But now spotify opens itself over and over again. 

I'll replay again if songs start / stop again.

Hmm, sorry to hear things still aren’t working out... Have you tried turning the ‘Device Broadcast’ option off? That seems to have worked for a few people! There’s instructions on how to access that in this article

Something else that looks like it helped in this situation is going into settings and navigating to

1- Settings

2- Applications

3- Applications Management

4- Spotify

5- Notifications

6- Previews in Pop-ups

Hope your problem fades soon!

Device broadcast is disabled and I don't have a preview in pop ups setting 😞

Suggested posts