Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify links local files with other songs

Spotify links local files with other songs

So I managed to get all my local files on my mobile device. Now I have the problem that some songs are linked to cover bands on spotify. For example: Highway to hell is being linked to a song that is in spotify servers, but the artist is AC DC JAM. So I want the original song from my local files, how do I unlink them?

2 Replies

You used to be able to manage these links on the Desktop app. If you have access have a look and see if you can (I don't have any synced files which aren't on the SPotify servers to test with, sorry).

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I'm having this same issue. I have some files that stopped playing on my mobile device, so I removed their location from my desktop app's local files locations. I added them back and two of twelve are syncing with the Spotify database but to incorrect songs, and one of them doesn't even have the correct artist. I have confirmed the ID3 tags are correct, and I even changed them to something different to see if that would fix the problem. In Local Files on my desktop app, all 12 tracks come up when I filter for the album name even though 2 of 12 are incorrectly linked to the Spotify db with different albums. For the files that are correct, I can right-click on the track and there is an option to "Reveal in Finder," but the incorrectly synced ones don't have that option, even though Spotify recognizes they are local files and is somehow able to see that they match the filter (so seems like it is reading the ID3 tags). Also, when I go to one of the artists that Spotify has incorrectly identified with my tracks, the track Spotify says is the one I have doesn't even exist under that artist.

Although they still play fine, this is pretty annoying.

Suggested posts