Free

Country

United States

Device

Google Pixel 3a

Operating System

Android 11 Beta

My Question or Issue

When using the Spotify mobile app, every time a new song starts playing when the Spotify app is currently being looked at, my phone screen turns off, and locks itself, causing me to have to relogin to my phone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I finally solved it.

This happens if user installed spotify only on a secondary account (Android phone in my case) but not on the main admin account on the device.

Once I installed spotify on the main account as well - the problem is gone for both admin and non admin accounts.

It seems like an edgecase but you may still want to let devs know about it  for future fixing. Case closed, thank you.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hi @AwesomeTech10,

Do You Want Spotify To Keep Your Phone Screen Turned On All The Time Like YouTube? If So, Then I Am Extremely Sorry To Let You Know, That Not Only Spotify, Any Audio Streaming Service, If You Do Not Touch Your Screen, And If You Screen Has Been Set To Lock On A Certain Time, It Will Get Locked.. Cause Spotify Is Streaming Audio For You And Not Video.. It's Simply Like The Music Player You Have In Your Mobile.. To Keep The Screen On All The Time.. You Have To Manually Set It On Your Handset To Keep The Screen On All The Time.. Then Just Like YouTube, Spotify Will Also Stay Turned On To Your Mobile..

Please Pardon Me If I Am Wrong.. Spotify's Rockstar / Moderator Will Surely Help You Out With More Proper Answer If I Went Wrong..

With Best Wishes & Regards,
Rahul Haldar - Spotify's Diehard & Loyal Fan

Let me explain more then. If I am doing something on my phone, like looking for new songs, and a new song starts playing, usually from a different artist, the phone screen locks. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my original post

Hey Mate @AwesomeTech10,

Thank You For Posting Back Dear.. No Sorry At All.. This Spotify Community Is Like Our Home.. We All Are Family Members.. Please Not To Worry At All.. Our Expert Rockstar / Moderator Will Surely Guide And Assist You With Your Issue.. Please Feel Free To Post Your Comment As Many Times As You Want..

Regards,
Rahul Haldar - Spotify's Diehard & Loyal Fan

Same problem, Pixel3XL Android 11. I am on a second non-admin account on my device.
Devs, please take a look, this is extremely annoying that each new song locks the device while I actively use it

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you run a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.   

On another note, could you confirm that your phone's battery saving options are disabled?    

Also, we suggest that you make sure that Spotify is enabled to work in the background. 

Cheers - let us know how it goes!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Unfortunately no good news here

- Clean reinstall did not help 

- My phone's battery saving options are off during testing, I connected the phone to power. Battery saver is setup to turn on at 25%, phone is at 80% atm

- I tried both ON and OFF setting the Spotify to be enabled to work in the background.  Neither option affected the problem. 

When new song starts Spotify forces the device to show lock screen while I actively use it

Hey there @AndreySeleznov,

Thank you fir your reply and confirmation. We're sorry to hear that you still experience this.

Can you do the following:

• Soft reset of the device
  • Ensure the operating system is up-to-date
  • Ensure device has enough storage space

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Device is up to date on the latest Android 11 build with 20Gb free storage
space.

Device is on the latest Android 11 build

20Gb free storage 

Hi again @AndreySeleznov

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to confirm, is this still happening when you're connected to a different network? If possible, we'd suggest logging into your account using a different device to see if the issue persists. 

Also, let us know if you noticed any difference after the soft reset to your device. 

Keep us posted! We'll be right here.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I do not have another device with Android 11 to test, I have an older phone
with Lineage based on Android 10, no problem there.
The problem does not seem network related, I tried with and without VPN,
same result.
My only thought is it could be somehow caused by the fact that I am using a
non admin account on my device..
Marked as solution

I finally solved it.

This happens if user installed spotify only on a secondary account (Android phone in my case) but not on the main admin account on the device.

Once I installed spotify on the main account as well - the problem is gone for both admin and non admin accounts.

It seems like an edgecase but you may still want to let devs know about it  for future fixing. Case closed, thank you.

Hey @AndreySeleznov!

Thanks for your reply.

We're glad to hear everything's working as it should. 

If you have any other questions, you know where to find us.

Have a good one 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for sharing what you found! I was in the same situation with the same problem. Installing spotify on the main account seems to have fixed the issue. Before this sometimes spotify and my phone were completely unusable while playing music since it would immediately lock my phone as soon as I unlocked it and spotify was open.

Suggested posts