Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify menus don't work

Solved!

Spotify menus don't work

My Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge is unable to accomplish anything done through the menu accessed when interacting with a song/playlist/album etc. I have restarted my phone and uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify. I can still listen to music but i cant add or remove songs from playlists or delete my playlists. I have the latest version of Spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Turn off the blue light filter, if you're using one.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Tengo una duda, ya se me acabó mi mes, pero sigo teniendo Spotify, si lo cancelo me van a cobrar los días que lo use? O así no hay problema?

Marked as solution

How do i get spotify without play store i have a account already

23 Replies
Marked as solution

Turn off the blue light filter, if you're using one.

Same thing here on Droid turbo 2. Can't go to album or add to playlist or any of those menu functions. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify with no change. I have been using a blue light filter for a long time, why all the sudden can I not, because the solution does seem to be turning it off.

Same here; menus do not work with Samsung Galaxy S5. Reinstalling the software doesn't help. Disabling the bluelight filter does. After years of using both the bluelight filter and Spotify together and now this suddenly not working seems odd... Hope this will will be fixed, as I really like my filter and my bluelight filter.

edit. My choice of filters is Lux, so when using Spotify I currently just exit Lux, use Spotify and then start Lux again. This solution is not ideal but at least this way I get to keep both (I currently use Spotify only once or twice a day so this is not an issue - at least at the moment).

Came here for this exact thing and when I read your answers I found that when you use the Nougat included (native) blue light filter it does not conflict with Spotify and the context menus work just fine.
Screenshot_2017-03-31_200455.png

The built-in filter on my S7 doesn't stop the context menu from working but it does display full screen and requires scrolling so there is still an undesirable effect.

I have an S7 Active and recently upgrade to Nougat, and I am having this same issue. I turned off the blue-light filter, but it has not helped. If I have a song playing, and have the screen on the track, I can use the "+" symbol to save and delete the track, but the three-dots menu does not work at all.

Yeah that's strange. Have you tried anything else like reinstalling Spotify?

Hey @MrPatrickD23 - I get the same thing. Maybe Spotify are actually working on this - going to not worry for 24 hours and see what happens. Oh, reinstalling and wiping the system cache didn't help.

Thank you.
Marked as solution

Tengo una duda, ya se me acabó mi mes, pero sigo teniendo Spotify, si lo cancelo me van a cobrar los días que lo use? O así no hay problema?

Same issue with HTC m8 one GPE, looks more like a software issue over a hardware issue. **it happens.

Spotify is not working on Motorola I keep receiving a message saying Spotify has stopped

Spotify is not working on Motorola I keep receiving a message saying Spotify has stopped

I use the Twilight app, you can set it to automaticly disable on selected apps, works right around the Spotify issue.

@Motorhead1 Sounds like a different problem than were experiencing here. Best way to get support would be to make a new post in this forum https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/bd-p/spotifyandroid and please give any details you can like about what your doing at the time it crashes, if you can reproduce the crash, any details

Why is that when i search an artist i click the artist but all i get is something went wrong this is never happened before and im getting fustrated

Someone please tell me why and how do I make it stop
Marked as solution

How do i get spotify without play store i have a account already

@kevinmackay - your post is totally unrelated to this thread. Please start a new thread.

Suggested posts