Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify mobile detects volume changes outside of the applications scope.

Spotify mobile detects volume changes outside of the applications scope.

Spotify mobile detects when you change your volume on your phone, which prevents you from adjusting ringer volume and navigation volume for example, when logged into the application.  I dont seem to believe that this would be phone specific.

My navigation volume is normally 10x louder than any song I've ever listened to.  It can be a real problem.

4 Replies

Most media apps do this - if you use the volume keys while listening to music it will change the volume of the music irrespective of whether that app is in focus.

Or is the scenario different?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I've been trying to see if I can do this on other media player apps and I cannot so you may be correct.  

Smiley Sad still would like to be able to adjust nav volume somehow.  You cannot quit spotify and automatically start it back up.  It appears that you have to log out and log back in to quit the application.  There should be a solution to this issue, even if there currently is not.  Maybe a preference or something.

Some nav apps have volume control built in as a software feature, so you can control it through a setting in the app itself. I use CoPilot and it has this.

There are a limited number of volume levels in Android. Ringer is one, Notifications is another, and a third is Media. Unfortunately, most apps that play sound are controlled through the Media setting, so turning down the nav volume with the volume button may simply reduce the Spotify sound level too?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

For me turning down the sound only turns down the media volume, which is fine until I have to make a turn in 1000ft or something.

Suggested posts