Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not downloading songs completely

Spotify not downloading songs completely

I'm using an LG G4 running lollipop. I also had this issue on my LG G3 running kit Kat. I download albums for offline listening on my micro sd card, but some of the songs only download like 10 seconds or less of the song and then it skips to the next track. Spotify thinks that the song entirely downloaded, but really it didn't. To fix this I tried the most obvious solution of trying to delete the album and redownloading it. But this did not work. The album redownloads instantly, because I read on these forums that it apparently never got deleted to begin with. That deleted albums are stored for an unspecified amount of time and Spotify doesn't know how long. The only way I could find to fix it was to delete the album and then stream the corrupted song in full. Once I fully stream the song, it will download fully. It is very hard to stream it to begin with though because some songs are so corrupted they skip after like less than 1 second so you have to be super fast and touch a spot further in the song so it will load a part that wasn't originally downloaded. Then you can restart the song and have to listen to the whole thing. Obviously spotify should fix the corrupted downloads from happening, but until then a simple solution would be to just let you delete an album without having to wait for days or weeks or whatever for it to actually delete. I know spotify doesn't want you to delete anything by accident, but can't they just ask you "Are you sure you want to delete this?" instead of storing deleted content.
2 Replies

Anybody know why this is happening?

Deleted content does stay on your device for a period after being removed you are correct, no idea why! Unfortunately there is no way to single out this playlist/album with a file explorer to completely remove it. The only option is to clear ALL your download by opening Spotify settings and clearing the cache.

If you're going to do this though i would recommend completing a clean install of the app to completely refresh and hopefully eliminate any of the bugs.

Use the guide linked in my signature which details the best way to ensure you get a fresh install.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts