Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing on my Google Home Mini(s)

Solved!

Spotify not playing on my Google Home Mini(s)

Worked fine up until today. Whenever I ask it to "play music on Spotify". It says "Ok playing music on Spotify" and then nothing happens. It does this on both of my minis. I've rebooted them. Signed out and signed back in on the Home App. Still nothing. Mini's work fine when I use Google Play Music. Any ideas? Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

talked to a google tech

this fixed my issue.

I have a Home and 2 mini in my house and did it on all 3 devices and it works

Spotify Not Playing Music

1. Unlink then Relink back Spotify Account with Google Home
  2. https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7060506?hl=en
  3. Reboot Google Home- Unplug from power source for about 20 seconds then replug back in
  4. Unlink then Relink back your singed in Google Account in the Google Home App
  5. https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7551786?hl=en
  6. Retry asking again

View solution in original post

66 Replies

I think Spotify is currently broken in some way.   I have a Google Home that was working fine.  Family got one for Christmas and it worked wonderfully last night and this morning, but suddenly it stopped and hasn't come back.  

Reset everything 4 times on different phones, different Spotify accounts, iOS and Android, etc.  Nothing.  Spotify is just not working.  Hopefully they fix it soon or else I'll be switching to Google Music.

Thanks iDoctor. That's what I figured as well, since it was fine last night. Has to be a problem on Spotify's end. Maybe because of the Holiday?

Same issue with my new google mini. Commenting to keep track of this thread.

As a note; I had some difficulty linking my account at first.

Glad to see others with the same issue. I got a Google Home mini for Christmas and it played Spotify just fine last night and this morning and has suddenly stopped working now. I ask the mini to play a song or album, the voice acknowledges, and then silence. Really hope they fix this issue soon.

Glad it wasn’t just me. I swear it worked yesterday before i changed phones. I’ve been trying to figure out what i did wrong for an hour 

This is happening to me too. It was in the middle of playing a song this morning and then it just stopped. I reset, restarted, unlinked and relinked Spotify, the mini would say “playing x album on Spotify” and then went silent. I hope this gets fixed soon. This Google mini might be a regifted or returned item.

I also had difficulty linking my account as well. I kept getting a “Something went wrong, try again later” message when trying to link my Spotify account with the Google Home app.

I have the same problem. Glad it's not just me

I am currently having the same issue. After it stopped working, the only thing i could do is play spotify on my phone and the disconnect the cast and connect ut again. It would play but google home mini would say that it cant pause it. Then to stop the music the mini just stopped casting all together. Im on hold with customer service now...46 minute wait time

Same here as well guys. I has my google home and it was working fine. I connected my new google home mini and its not working. It could possible be an issue on the google servers. Who knows. We shall await to see how soon it's  resolved.

Also having this issue. Following. Issues connecting account and now silence after she says she'll play spotify

Same here...2 minis and no music

Awesome, if you get through and manage to get some help, please keep us posted !

I thought it was my wifi but everything else I ask my mini, works just fine. I also start playing the song I want on Spotify on my phone (working fine) then try to send it over to my device and it still doesn't work, just keeps saying connecting. Hmmmm hope they fix it soon, it's almost half the reason I got it..... But I'm glad it's not just me. Strangely though the command was working just fine this morning its literally just in the last hour.....

Looks like it's working again!

Same...about to smash this thing...glad to know I'm not alone. 

I had the exact same issue as you. After the Mini stopped playing Spotify, I just tried to play a song on Spotify on my phone and cast it to the Mini and that wouldn't connect as well. However, it looks like it's working again now! The Mini is playing songs on Spotify from voice commands again, give it a try and see if its working for you again.

Yep! Seems like it's working again now, hopefully it doesn't break off again!

Yes its working fine now!

Suggested posts