Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify offline cache delete on each reboot

Solved!

Spotify offline cache delete on each reboot

Gs4 i9500 with latest lolipop 5.0.1
Latest spotify apps
Data on sd card.

After a reboot the offline songs aren't available. I can see the spotify dir on my sd card with data inside.
I try do uninstall remove the dir on sd card and reinstall always same problem, multiple times.

On spotify website i see that device offline increase on each reboot, so i've to delete them... Like a reboot make spotify detect the phone as new.

Help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi

I finally found the cause of the problem : the SD CARD

After many tests (downgrade Android/ Custom Roms) the problem was still there : no cache, spotify disconnection and sometime reboot on launch.

So the only things I haven't test was changing the SD CARD. The one with troubles was a 64GB Transcend Premium 300%.

I replace it with a 64GB Samsung and ... no more problems ! On any roms !

So be advised that some SD card are not working good enough for Android.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

This is happening to me as well, but not on each reboot, it happens from time to time. Happened for the second time today. I had 2k + songs on each time, they are still on my SDCard, since the storage meter tells me that I have only 3gb free (from 28gb).

It's really annoying, guys. Each time that it happens I have to download like 25gb + of music...

Fix it, please.

Hey guys,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community 🙂

If you follow the steps at https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/how-do-i-remove-my-offline-devices, how many devices  do you have showing? Does removing the devices help out?

Let me know how that goes.

Hi

For me I see 3 devices. I've removed all of them multiple times, and each time I reboot my gs4, a new device is added.

So after 3 reboot, 3 devices appears and so Spotify told my I can't sync this phone.

So I remove all devices, and try again ... reboot, no more cache, resync, ...

It always failed. I used to work on my gs4 on 4.4.2, but no more on 5.0.1

Thanks for getting back to me, @goacid

After removing these devices, have you tried reinstalling the app and removing all Spotify files installed on the device? Also, do you have an SD card inserted in the device? If so, does removing this help?

I'm sure we can help out.

Hi

Yes I try several time to uninstall ( and also manually delete spotify directory on my SD) and reinstall.

Always the same.

I've just try without the SD card : the cache is still there after reboot, I can use spotify offline.

Are we right in thinking that this doesn't seem to be an issue with the SD card removed? 

In this case, we'll need to check this out backstage. Could you reach over to the team at https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/? They'll take a look behind the scenes for you.

If you receive an automated reply, get back to it and this will make sure your email gets through to the correct team. Also, if you post your 8 digit case # here, we'll make sure the right team get onto this for you too.

I hope this helps out.

The link you post doesn't exist : ERROR 404

That's not cool @goacid

Everything seems to be working ok this end. Could you try this link instead: https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-support/? How does that one work?

With regards to the trouble, is this issue continuing when you don't have the SD card inserted?

I'm sure we can help out.

As I wrote without SD card it works. with SD card it failed.

Thanks again @goacid

I understand it's not ideal, but if you format your SD card does that help? Of course, I'd recommend to back up any files on the SD card that you wish to keep.

Alternatively, try using a different SD card in the device. Does the same trouble persist?

I will try with formating asap. I will let you know then.

Card formated.

App uninstall

Reboot

App install

Sync playlist

Reboot

No more sync songs, so exact same problem.

Spotify Case # 03497269

Got the same issue, if its still doing in november when i upgrade it an iPhone i'll be swapping to apple music

I'll be swiping to another music app too. No working apps, no support (case open and then... nothing) and new policy regarding private data are enough reason...

So sad about that, but no other solution

@goacid Sorry to hear this is still happening to you!

We can see someone's been in touch with you over email. If you reply, we'll make sure the best folks are looking into this for you.

@user-removed Hey! We'd love to get this sorted for you.

Try heading here and removing all your offline devices.

Then, remove your SD card (if there's one installed), and reinstall the app following these steps.

Try popping your SD card back in after the reinstall, then sync your tracks offline again.

Let us know how you get on.

Marked as solution

Hi

I finally found the cause of the problem : the SD CARD

After many tests (downgrade Android/ Custom Roms) the problem was still there : no cache, spotify disconnection and sometime reboot on launch.

So the only things I haven't test was changing the SD CARD. The one with troubles was a 64GB Transcend Premium 300%.

I replace it with a 64GB Samsung and ... no more problems ! On any roms !

So be advised that some SD card are not working good enough for Android.

Hi
I ve got the same problem but i don t have a sd card (i ve got a oneplus one 64g). If i don t close the spotify app before rebooting my phone all my data are deleted.
Hope you can help me with that.
Thanks

Suggested posts