Premium

Country

USA

Device

Google Pixel 2 XL

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spotify is pausing every 10 minutes. I don't know why. Haven't had this problem before today. The app is still open on the phone. It doesn't matter if it's in the front or minimized. Searches about this type of problem point to a power saving option. Under Settings > Battery I have Bettery Saver off and Adaptive Battery off. I don't see any other relevant options. 

It happened all day at work while listening on my wireless bluetooth earbuds. I had to take the phone out of my pocket every 10 minutes when it stopped and press play again. I did not have the issue while the phone was paired in my car, nor was the issue present with any other applications while on the earbuds.

I have to work again all day tomorrow, and I hope I don't have to go through this again.

4 Replies

Experiencing this also on the Samsung J5 2016.

Haven't timed the time between pauses but 10 minutes does sound about right (every 3/4 songs). This happens on all of listening devices: wired over was headphones, wired in ear headphones, Bluetooth speakers and via Bluetooth in my car.

This is incredibly frustrating and I'm thankful my drive to work is only about 10 minutes.

I've tried restarting the device, restarting the app, force shutdown on the app and clearing the cache. None have any impact. I'm also not using power saving mode.

i got same issue on premium with mi5, and dont know how to solve it.

already try to log out from all device and reinstall the app, nothing change.

Same over here. I'm on Android 8.0 listening over bluetooth. This is very annoying. I hope Spotify gets their act together because the app on Android has more and more issues.

I forgot to mention that the problem exists whether I'm streaming, or listening to a downloaded playlist.

Also, pressing play on the earbuds, which normally works to get Spotify to play, does NOT work when Spotify pauses itself during this issue. I have to take out my phone, maximize Spotify, and press play in the app. 

Suggested posts