Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • ryan886
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Help me ._.

How i fix this

• Regular
  • How i fix this
  • Zaki100
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music pauses in the middle of song

PlanPremiumCountryAustria DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHi! When when I want to hear my playlist it always stops in the middle of EVERY song! I have to unlock my phone and press again play. My internet is work...

•   Plan Premium Country Austria   Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Hi! When when I want to hear my playlist it always stops ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't select Extreme Quality on download options.

PlanPremiumCountryBrazil DeviceSamsumg Galaxy J7 So, basically I can no longer set the download quality to extreme, it has disappeared and the highest quality is now "Very High". I'm aware of the other similar thread, however, people there are talkin...

•   Plan Premium Country Brazil   Device Samsumg Galaxy J7     So, basically I can no longer set the download quality to extreme, it has disappeared and the highest qualit...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • extreme
    quality
    quality sound
    very high
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bad quality of the sound

My songs in spotify sound terrible, with an echo and the voice sounds far away like faded and the bass sounds louder but my other apps like youtube and netflix sound perfectly fine, please help! My account is premium!

• Casual Listener
  • My songs in spotify sound terrible, with an echo and the voice sounds far away like faded and the bass sounds louder but my other apps like youtube and netflix sound perfectly fine, please help! My a...
  • dedo1911
  • 22 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 28 likes

Is this a bug lol

My Question or Issue Look at the pic

• Regular
  •   My Question or Issue  Look at the pic
  • Zaki100
  • Regular
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app is unresponsive

None of the functions are working. I get a black screen and can't seem to navigate beyond the first track I select. Everything after that is unresponsive pixel2 on latest version

• Casual Listener
  • None of the functions are working. I get a black screen and can't seem to navigate beyond the first track I select. Everything after that is unresponsive   pixel2 on latest version   &n...
  • martinmcnulty
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium won't download music

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDeviceOneplus 6Operating SystemAndroid 8.1 My Question or Issue I have a premium account and i Just bought the oneplus 6. But he won't download the music for the offline modus. He never had a problem with that's before (...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device Oneplus 6 Operating System Android 8.1   My Question or Issue  I have a premium account and i Just bought the oneplus 6. But ...
  • Marijeeew
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Controls too small

Specifically, the controls in the push notification menu (I don't know the exact term). For quite some time now the skip buttons are half the diameter of a penny on my phone. 5/10 cases I either hit the wrong button or the app opens instead. It's rea...

• Gig Goer
  • Specifically, the controls in the push notification menu (I don't know the exact term). For quite some time now the skip buttons are half the diameter of a penny on my phone. 5/10 cases I either hit ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is this a bug

I have premium and have news version of spoti

• Regular
  • I have premium and have news version of spoti
  • Zaki100
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Gear S3 auto switch networks

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceS9Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueJust picked up a gear S3 and got the spotify app all set up. One question i have is does it auto switch from wifi to 4g and vice versa? I see ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device S9 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Just picked up a gear S3 and got the spotify app all set...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio and Playlist queue compared to Google Music

PlanPremiumCountrySouth AfricaDevice(Samsung Galaxy S8Operating System(Android Oreo) My Question or IssueWhen you start a Radio you cannot see the playlist queue. This becomes an irritation especially when you add songs to the queue, as you want to s...

• Plan Premium Country South Africa Device (Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System (Android Oreo)   My Question or Issue When you start a Radio you cannot see the playlist queue. This b...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Filtering... again

On Android 6.0, Galaxy S6 Filtering stopped working again. This thing has been on and off for months now. It gets fixed in one update, and then when a new version comes out, filters stop working again. It's really frustrating. You should really give ...

• Casual Listener
  • On Android 6.0, Galaxy S6   Filtering stopped working again.  This thing has been on and off for months now.  It gets fixed in one update, and then when a new version comes out, filt...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I list what album songs come from?

I want to know how to see what album songs come from on my S8 but I haven't found an option for that. If I can't list it; is there a way to go to its album?

• I want to know how to see what album songs come from on my S8 but I haven't found an option for that. If I can't list it; is there a way to go to its album?
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random music stop's

PlanPremiumCountry LatviaDeviceXiaomi Redmi 5 PlusOperating SystemAndroid 7.1.2My Question or Issue The music stops from time to time while listening to it when headphones are plugged in. They're brand new and the music stops(not always, sometimes) w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Latvia Device Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Operating System Android 7.1.2 My Question or Issue  The music stops from time to time while listening to it when headphones...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant Play Certain songs

So I've never had any problems with Spotify Premium, however, recently I tried playing a song. I clicked the song, yet it wouldnt play. I wouldn't even get the little bar at the bottom. It just wouldnt even do anything. I tried going to the album, bu...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've never had any problems with Spotify Premium, however, recently I tried playing a song. I clicked the song, yet it wouldnt play. I wouldn't even get the little bar at the bottom. It just would...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot find the Storage information in the newest release of Spotify

I just noticed that in the latest release of Spotify, in the Settings menu there' no Storage options anymore. Is there a way to change the storage option from Device to micro SD card, like in old versions?

• I just noticed that in the latest release of Spotify, in the Settings menu there' no Storage options anymore.   Is there a way to change the storage option from Device to micro SD card, like i...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect not finding Alexa Echo Dot

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy 7 EdgeOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueThere was a time when I could listen to music on my phone using Spotify and then connect to my Alexa Echo Dots. But for some reason, those devices are no longer vi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue There was a time when I could listen to music on my phone using Spotify and then conne...
  • davincim99
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stops playing after 3 songs.

PlanPremiumCountry United States Device Samsung Galaxy s9 plus My Question or Issue Started about 3 weeks ago, I'll put on my play list and if I dont touch my phone after the 3rd song spotify stops playing. Restarted and still having the issue.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  United States  Device  Samsung Galaxy s9 plus   My Question or Issue  Started about 3 weeks ago, I'll put on my play list and if I dont ...
  • Gwar10
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't play my songs normally

I've recently purchased an android device and installed Spotify on it. When I go to play my playlist, I can only play in shuffle mode, and it works like a suggestion mode because I can't rewind my song, can only go forward, and have the options to li...

• Visitor
  • I've recently purchased an android device and installed Spotify on it. When I go to play my playlist, I can only play in shuffle mode, and it works like a suggestion mode because I can't rewind my so...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Epic collection - are you kidding?!

I am one of the premium users that hit the "saved songs" limit. Long standing paying user that refered more than 5-10 people and paying for ~2years. I find it unacceptable that paying users are being limited by what's sold as an unlimited library. I ...

•   I am one of the premium users that hit the "saved songs" limit.   Long standing paying user that refered more than 5-10 people and paying for ~2years.  I find it unac...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes