Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Moto G5

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

Sometimes when I had play Spotify on a device via Spotify Connect at a friends house and I go home and Start Spotify at my own Wlan (many km away!) Spotify starts to play on the device on my friends house. Thats is a little bit irritating and annoying because one time I waked up a friend with this  in the middle of the night and he was verry afraid. 

Is this a bug?  On the help page for Spotify Connect is written that all devices must be in the same Wlan

I apologize for my bad english

4 Replies

Hey @Morwen.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You could enable "Show Local Devices" only in the settings. THat way you'll only be able to play on devices that are on the same network.

Hope this is what you are looking for. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hey Guido,

thank you for your answer,

the option "Show Local Devices only" is already activated. The Problem still exist. 

Hey @Morwen.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Do you have the option to ask your friend to log you out from the device? If not you'll need to check out this page what to do in case another person has access to your account.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have further questions

Have a nice day.

I'm not logged in in that device. I play/stream something with my Smartphone via Spotify connect. No other person has my password, thats not my problem.

A concret situation: I visited my mum and listen to music/audop book via spotify at my smartphone and then I use my mum webradio which has spotify connect capabilty. (I dont logged in there, I use my Smartphone to stream on the device). Back home (30km away), I started spotify at my smartphone und press play. No musik, nothing. After 10seconds there is the dialog which ask where I want to listen to spotify. I choose "this Smartphone". My mum ask me later via Whats app why her radio plays the three investigator audio book without any action from her. 

Suggested posts