Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify plays songs not on the album

Spotify plays songs not on the album

Whenever I play an album the shuffle play will play songs that aren't even on the album. I get that Spotify adds a few songs to the album shuffle but it will play a multitude of songs not shown. This is very annoying. What is causing this?

4 Replies

Hey @m0eux_f8-743 thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community.

It sounds like your talking about when you play an album, the application starts to play alternative songs that are sometimes of another artist entirely? 

This has been a feature for a while now on Android where when the playlist ends it will instead of looping or playing said songs in order, the app will add in recommend songs. 

If I was off on understanding your question give me a shout and let me know.

Best,

1. Jack 🙂

It plays songs off of the album playlist without having to go through every song in said playlist.

Hey @m0eux_f8-743,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Are you choosing an album so you see only the songs from an album with at the bottom the year it was released? Or are you choosing an album from the list with albums on an Artists' page? Cause if you choose the latter it will shuffle the whole discovery.

Hope this makes sense. Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day!

Hi @m0eux_f8-743, do you use premium or free account?

When you have free one, that's how it works. If you want to listen to an album without any interruptions and in original order, you need premium subscription. You can also use desktop and you don't need premium, but you'll get ads. 

Suggested posts