Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify radio does not load new songs when connected to device via Spotify Connect

Spotify radio does not load new songs when connected to device via Spotify Connect

I own an Onkyo TX-RZ900 receiver that has integrated Spotify Connect support. This allows me to connect my Android devices(Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet, Galaxy Note 5 phone, Galaxy Note 4 phone and others) via the Spotify app on these devices and control playback to the receiver from the app on whichever device I am using. This bug also manifested itself on my previous receiver, an Onkyo TX-NR626.

What happens is that when using Spotify Connect and the radio feature of Spotify whether it's artist or album radio, new songs do not load when getting to the end of the initial song list. I have verified that this is directly related to being connected to a device via Spotify Connect because as soon as I switch playback from my receiver to my phone, new songs load in the list and when I switch back to the receiver and tap on the last song in the list, new songs do *not* load which is the expected behavior. 

Would love to see a fix for this, it basically makes the radio feature useless when connected to devices via Spotify Connect.

The attached screenshot shows it at the end of the list but no new songs are loading.

Screenshot_20170303-111508.png
0 Replies

Suggested posts