Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly stops: check your app's battery saver

Spotify randomly stops: check your app's battery saver

Dear friends,

my name is Ristyo from Bandung, Indonesia. I have been experiencing a random stop after around 3 minutes while playing music in these conditions:

1. While I connect through my 4G connection
2. While I connect to home Wifi connection
3. While I'm in airplane mode, playing downloaded albums
4. While listening through a blueetooth speaker
5. While listening music through a headset/smartphone's speakers

When it stopped, I couldn't choose another songs from the playlist. They just won't react. I could only continue when I pressed the Play button twice. First, it would turn into Pause, then second to Play again. And the music would play from the beginning, not from the last time it played.

I contacted Spotify customer support and Roma, a friendly cs officer, patiently helped me. We exchanged emails and tried several methods until the problem has finally solved. We noticed that Spotify would stop when my smartphone's screen is locked and apparently my Android 6.0 battery saver has interrupted the playback. So I went to:

1. Setting
2. Battery & Performance

3. Choose apps (saving power in the background)

4. Choose Spotify

5. Choose 'No restrictions'

Voila! Now Spotify plays seamlessly without any interruption. So I hope Roma's tip will help you too with similar problem. Cheers, guys!

R.E. Hartanto

1 Reply

Hey, thanks for your useful tip. If you like to help others, the Rock Star Program may be something for you. In this program you help other users and earn rewards for it. Check out this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Community-Blog/Spotify-Community-Rock-Star-Program/ba-p/580948

Enjoy your evening 🙂

Suggested posts