Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly stops playback on my Xiaomi Redmi 12

Spotify randomly stops playback on my Xiaomi Redmi 12

As the title says, Spotify will stop the playback for no apparent reason every few minutes and resets the song in the app too, which is suuuuper annoying. I reinstalled it twice, even deleted all the files and the cache multiple times, exempted it from battery use and even gave it all permissions. I have no idea what else can be done and I pay premium, so I would like to be able to use the app too.
3 Replies

Hi there @Kappalauzius,

Thanks for reaching out. Consider checking if you have any devices visible in the Connect list or ones that are otherwise connected to your phone and can manipulate playback. Perhaps some of them are causing this behaviour.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem, but on device xiaomi redmi 10 5G. I dont have any other devices connected, So nothing is interfering... Just out of nowhere song stops and need to be played in app. Spotify disappears from locked screen, I must turn the app on, it even has a short loading screen, like it has turned off.

Hey @Matej5,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

This type of issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device if you have no other devices that may control your app. So in this case, and in case you haven't tried before, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This process will replace all damaged files and ensure you're running the latest version of the app. 

Also, it would be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

Lastly, include in your next response the OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts