Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify removing offline files - and forgetting where they are stored

Spotify removing offline files - and forgetting where they are stored

Hi,

I'm using a Sony Xperia Z5, Android 6.0.1, Spotify version 7.1.0.1025 arm7.

My problem is this - every night, all my offline files disappear. I prefer to turn my phone off a night. When I turn it on in the morning, everything I have downloaded disappears. I've noticed two weird things. The first is that, upon being restarted, Spotify (under 'storage') doesn't seem to know where my files are stored. Neither 'device storage' nor 'SD card' are ticked. I prefer to keep my files on the SD card as I like 'extreme' quality. The card is working fine with all other apps.

The second weird thing is that when I list 'offline devices' on my web-based account login, I have two logins on two different days for 'Android Phone' and one for 'Default' (which I guess is my iphone, which I also use, even though that device name is 'Ian's Iphone'). Now I only own one Android Phone (and that isn't even its device name as far as I can see - that is 'Xperia Z5').

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? I really would like to get my offline files back. I've done most of the things suggested here on other postings - full removals (including root), resetting all offline files, removing cache. Then when I turn the phone off, use it on a different day, they are all gone again....

Thanks everyone,

Ian

0 Replies

Suggested posts