Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify sees no empty space on phone

Spotify sees no empty space on phone

Hello, I recently made my account "premium", in order to be able to listen to my playilists offline. While everything is fine on my Windows, when I tried syncing my Android phone (Samsung Google Nexus S, Android 4.1.2, rooted) I got the message that syncing has stopped because there is not space left, at 0%.

I uninstalled the app, deleted cache and data, installed an older version and upgraded, still nothing. Having my phone connected to WiFi, Windows' version of Spotify says there are 0MB of empty space, which is incorrect, since I have about 200MB of external storage and 120MB of internal storage. Yet, Spotify wouldn't even let me sync a playilist with 4 songs.

I like Spotify, but if this problem isn't fixed (and by checking the web, it seems like it is an ongoing issue for about a year), I see no reason paying 7 euros per month, since I can't listen to music on my phone.

Please, help me.

2 Replies

I'm not sure if its the same on android, but on iOS the operating system will never let you use up all of the available space and Spotify won't even begin to sync unless you have at least 500MB+ of free space available. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you, at least now I know the reason. But still, I don't get why I would have to delete music I already own just to make space to replace it with Spotify's encrypted files.

I think found a "solution" though, using my iPad and iFunBox. I found where the files are stored, and I realized I could change the whole cache library of my iPad with my Windows' (which share the same playilists) and Spotify app would still be able to read the playlists without problem. So, I guess it's possible to do that with my Android phone too.

Suggested posts