Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify shows on lock screen, even when it's not playing.

Spotify shows on lock screen, even when it's not playing.

I have the Galaxy S8+I have turned spotify off, it's not even on as a background app.  Yet it still shows on my lock screen.  It is the last song that played.  I don't want it on my lock screen when it's not on.  Any ideas on how to keep it off the lock screen if it's not playing?

20 Replies

On the lock screen or on the always on display?

It's on the lock screen.  I can't figure out how to get it off, it's always on where the clock should be.  When I'm playing spotify that's fine, but it's almost as if it freezes on the last song played and just always stays on the lock screen. 

Sounds unusal. Any chance of a screen capture?

It is unusual.  Like I said.  The app is closed and it's not even in the background.  However, this is the last song that was played and now just hangs out there.  Whatever the last song is. 

screen capture.jpg

I'm having the same issue with my Galaxy S8. I'll 'Close All' apps but my recent Spotify song will still show up on the lock screen.

I'd love to know how to get rid of it.

Oh, get this on my S8+ too. I wonder if a Samsung firmware update is the cause. Have you noticed that the spotify notification can be swiped left or right to show other notifications? I got rid of the spotify notification by going to spotify notification in the notification bar at the top and swiping spotify to the right while spotify was playing.

It's not a notification.  It doesn't show up once my phone is unlocked and in use becuase the app is closed.  So there is nothing to swipe.  

Sorry, I used the wrong words but swiping the spotify notification in the notification shade works for me. Oh and I can swipe the spotify controls left and right on the lock screen but maybe that's because I have several screens set up.

I just tried swiping the spotify on the lock screen and I was able to swipe to the clock screen.  however, once my phone locks again it goes back to the spotify screen.  

Perhaps try a re-install? May fix the issue if you've been using it before without any problems. https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/troubleshooting/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Unfortunatly, that didn't do anyhting.  So far nothing works, it still shows on my lock screen when it has been shut down.  I was able to get rid of it by logging out of it, other than that, it shows on my lock screen. 

Having the same exact issue on my s8. So annoying, I can't figure it out either. 

I have the same problem in my S8. I know it's a silly thing, but if I close an app completely I don't want it to continuously be showing on my lock screen as if the app is open

Screenshot_20171223-134724.png

Hi,

Has there been any resolution for this issue? I am also having the same issue on my s8..

Thanks

Try to take the steps that are in the pictures. I have another device, Sony Xperia M5, but I think it should work on other devices too

_20180103_182509.JPG
_20180103_182555.JPG

Only thing that solves it for me is to go to the Apps option in Settings on your Samsung phone, scroll down to Spotify, click on it and then click on Force Stop (assuming you are not using Spotify at the time 🙂  )

That has worked for me - hope it works for you guys too.

Hey,

This won't work for me, the app on my phone has already been closed.

Thanks

Hi all,

I had the same problem but I've managed to find the solution I believe, it worked for me anyway. Just as well as it was getting very annoying, I'd rather see the time, not the song I'm not playing!

If you go to "lock screen and security" then scroll down to "information and face widgets", click "face widgets" and then turn off "music controller". 

I hope this helps! 

I have a Galaxy S8+.  Turning off the music controller face widget worked.  Thanks!

Suggested posts