Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify shuts down as soon as it starts playing

Solved!

Spotify shuts down as soon as it starts playing

My Spotify app upgraded this morning to version 8.4.9.249 v7 and it has a HUGE problem.  The second you start playing music, it plays for a split second and disappears.  The app doesn't completely crash, as it is still running.  when I click the overview button, it is still running, the app is just minimized and not playing.  Clicking it will open the app back up, but the second you try to play something... it's gone again.  I uninstalled it and reinstalled it... same result.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Guys, 8.4.9.249 is the current beta version. If it's not working, you need to post in the beta forum, not here. If you're not in the beta programme, please uninstall and download the current public release from Play. Thanks.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Same thing is happening to me.

Same here
LG V20
Android 7.0
Spotify 8.4.9.249 armV7

Anyone know if it's possible to downgrade without deleting the offline data?

The only way to install an older version is to uninstall first. So no.

Some more info that might help with troubleshooting...

I'm playing Spotify on my desktop PC since Android isn't working... normally my Android tablat's Spotify widget would show what is playing on the desktop; but it isn't.  Also, when I'm playing music on the desktop and open the Android app it would normally show me what's playing on the desktop along with a notification that my account is being used on my desktop pc.  But when I try to open Spotify on Android, sometimes it opens and the app immediately locks up, other times it just immediately disappears, and other times I get a split second glimpse of the message screen that it is playing on the desktop; and then it disappears just as if I'd started playing something on Android.  So it doesn't appear to be the audio that's the issue, but a logic error somewhere.

Here's a really good test... open the desktop app, start playing a song, then pause it.  Open the Android app (it should open to the home screen).  Now unpause the music on the desktop pc, and the Android app disappears (running in the background again).

I downgraded to 8.4.7.1108 and it works fine now.

Same here.

Spotify people: would be great to enable chrome on android to run the web player now. I don't think there is any technical limitations anymore and it is a great fallback solution while fixing the app. Currently we are stuck with no option at all.
Marked as solution

Guys, 8.4.9.249 is the current beta version. If it's not working, you need to post in the beta forum, not here. If you're not in the beta programme, please uninstall and download the current public release from Play. Thanks.

Suggested posts