Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify shuts off during bootup on Samsung S4

Spotify shuts off during bootup on Samsung S4

Ever since the KitKat update, whenever I start spotify it says "The process spotify has been stopped" (Pure guessing on the exact text as I'm just translating it from the Swedish "Spotify har stoppats.".

Nothing works when I attempt to fix it.

I've tried removing temorary data, uninstall the program and reinstall, reboot the phone, nothing works!

Has anybody else gotten this problem? How did you solve it?

4 Replies

The last time we had posts about this was a result of non-standard characteers in playlist names causing spotify to crash. If this applies to you, try changing your playlist names to see if the issue goes away.

If not, you could try a factory reset. If you still have problems after that, please get in touch with the support guys and they'll help get things working again. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Hmm, that did not help.

I sent a ticket to spotify support, but if anyone got any other idea until I get an answer that would be great.

I have the same problem. Cent Start Spotify with my S4

@powermihau Try putting your phone into airplane mode then launching spotify. Once it has loaded fully, turn airplane mode off. If you still have problems, try reinstalling spotify.

Suggested posts