Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.1)

What's new in this version: Browse now features bigger cover images for new releases. New: Now you can filter sub-genres in Browse. New: We've extended the new releases section. Fixed: We've banished more bugs and bad things. Fictitious: This app is ...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version: Browse now features bigger cover images for new releases. New: Now you can filter sub-genres in Browse. New: We've extended the new releases section. Fixed: We'v...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

unable to search, discovery, and browse not working

when I do a search the circle just keeps going with a message saying no internet connection. when I try to use discover, browse, & radio it says that I need to turn on my wifi, and and turn off the offline mode. I've done that several times trying it...

• Regular
  • when I do a search the circle just keeps going with a message saying no internet connection. when I try to use discover, browse, & radio it says that I need to turn on my wifi, and and turn o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! dOES ANYONE know how it works? (behaviour questions after a near catastrophe)

I imported all my music, created the playlists, and uploaded them to the cloud and copied them to my android device. I then deleted all my own music (thankfully after a backup) FAIL I immediately had problems with my new playlists not being able to f...

• Visitor
  • I imported all my music, created the playlists, and uploaded them to the cloud and copied them to my android device.  I then deleted all my own music (thankfully after a backup)   FAIL ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play certain radio station on android device

I have an Artist Radio based on Say Anything on my windows PC that I can play fine in Spotify. But it doesn't work on my Android. The Say Anything statoin shows on my Android device (a Nexus 4), but when I choose to play it it just says loading for a...

• Regular
  • I have an Artist Radio based on Say Anything on my windows PC that I can play fine in Spotify. But it doesn't work on my Android. The Say Anything statoin shows on my Android device (a Nexus 4), but ...
  • kamcknig
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP. Can't find how Spotify works across PC/Android with music already loadd on both

I'm sure this answer is out here but I can't find it. I have my music library stored on my PC and most of that same music stored on my Android smartphone (RazrMaxxHD). Spotify is asking me to "download" playlists that already exist on my Android phon...

• Regular
  • I'm sure this answer is out here but I can't find it.  I have my music library stored on my PC and most of that same music stored on my Android smartphone (RazrMaxxHD).  Spotify is asking m...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

make playlist be in folder even when they are offline?

Hi.1. How do i make a folder on my android?2.How can i make offline playlists stay in the folder? When i choose one of my offline lists, i see them in the list of downloaded playlists. When i have many playlists for albums, it gets really messy.

• Music Fan
  • Hi. 1. How do i make a folder on my android? 2.How can i make offline playlists stay in the folder? When i choose one of my offline lists, i see them in the list of downloaded playlists. When i hav...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync Failure, Greyed out songs and Track Not Available

I was really excited when I hopped on to Spotify, but the experience has been nothing but just a pain so far. It has been working fine before, but past few versions have been a nightmare. I'll still not give up and give one last chance to Spotify to ...

• Regular
  • I was really excited when I hopped on to Spotify, but the experience has been nothing but just a pain so far. It has been working fine before, but past few versions have been a nightmare. I'll still ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 31 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Looking for a android media player that is compatible with spotify

I'm looking for a Android device that is about the size of a phone with a 4" screen that is not a phone. I'm posting here because my number one thing I want it for is spotify. Im having issues with my phone when It comes to media, but as a phone. So ...

• Music Fan
  • I'm looking for a Android device that is about the size of a phone with a 4" screen that is not a phone. I'm posting here because my number one thing I want it for is spotify. Im having issues with m...
  • Termanater13
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App appearing not to scrobble to last.fm

I'm unable to get my app to scrobble, despite having the correct username/password and making sure to click "done". Does anyone know where my issue may lie?

• I'm unable to get my app to scrobble, despite having the correct username/password and making sure to click "done".   Does anyone know where my issue may lie?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Unable to play music offline - Solved

Hi,Im having some problems with my premium account. I can download playlists and listen to them in online mode. When I switch to offline mode, the subscription count, artist image and additional information disappears. The song starts "playing" but t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Im having some problems with my premium account. I can download playlists and listen to them in online mode. When I switch to offline mode, the subscription count, artist image and additional in...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on my wifi tablet

I know there have been similar threads already posted on this and I am also aware that Spotify is limited to premium for mobile devices. The reason for my post is that I wish to purchase a new tablet preferably an android one. My research regarding t...

• Music Fan
  • I know there have been similar threads already posted on this and I am also aware that Spotify is limited to premium for mobile devices.    The reason for my post is that I wish to purc...
  • Bodthebrave
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all songs show up in my Android phone??

Hey. 1st time post. I've got Spotify premium installed on my laptop and Android phone. When I make a playlist on my laptop there seem to be way more songs available than on my phone? For instance, I created an Oasis playlist with 45 songs in it. My A...

• Hey.   1st time post.   I've got Spotify premium installed on my laptop and Android phone. When I make a playlist on my laptop there seem to be way more songs available than on my p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium work on PC not on Phone

Hi All, I have Spotify Premium on my PC. But when i try it on my phone there comes a message that i need to buy Premium. I use the same login on Phone as i use on the PC. Can someone help me. Thnx

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   I have Spotify Premium on my PC. But when i try it on my phone there comes a message that i need to buy Premium.   I use the same login on Phone as i use on the PC. &n...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony Xperia SP LED notification light

Hello! As some of you may know, the Sony Xperia SP has a 3 LEDS on its bottom that can change their colours and the intensity of light to what's happening on the screen. Sony even put this on another level and when listening to the music on default X...

• Regular
  • Hello!   As some of you may know, the Sony Xperia SP has a 3 LEDS on its bottom that can change their colours and the intensity of light to what's happening on the screen. Sony even put this...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Search displays only 5 of 33 albums. How can I find the other 28?

I like to use Spotify to find classical albums I don't know yet. Spotify finds for instance 33 albums searching for the combination Bach (composer) and Gardiner (a conductor known for good recordings). But, my portable Spotify on android displays onl...

• I like to use Spotify to find classical albums I don't know yet. Spotify finds for instance 33 albums searching for the combination Bach (composer) and Gardiner (a conductor known for good recordings...
  • skies
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching for things in the Android Preview

So I fancied listening to some chilled electronica to round off the evening - I searched for the artist Galaxy, but because there are at least five other artists with the word "galaxy" in their name, my Galaxy wasn't listed. I couldn't remember the n...

• Community Legend
  • So I fancied listening to some chilled electronica to round off the evening - I searched for the artist Galaxy, but because there are at least five other artists with the word "galaxy" in their name,...
  • skies
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album search

Hi, I use an Android tablet and the Spotify app just updated itself. Two issues I have: i) The app now forces my tablet into portrait mode, whereas before it worked either portrait or landscape ii) When I search for an album, I am only presented with...

• Hi,   I use an Android tablet and the Spotify app just updated itself.   Two issues I have:   i) The app now forces my tablet into portrait mode, whereas before it worked e...
  • skies
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Android search appears very limited

I've done a search through the postings and it appears, at least historically, that the Android search facility is somewhat crippled. I've tries doing simple searches on 3 different Android platforms (HTC One, Samsung note 2, SAmsung note 10.1) and a...

• Casual Listener
  • I've done a search through the postings and it appears, at least historically, that the Android search facility is somewhat crippled. I've tries doing simple searches on 3 different Android platforms...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Kindle Fire App Very Outdated

Why is the Kindle Fire app so outdated? Did Spotify forget to update it on the Amazon App store as well? Lets all remember "Fire OS" is just Android, there's no reason it shouldn't have the newest version.

• Roadie
  • Why is the Kindle Fire app so outdated?  Did Spotify forget to update it on the Amazon App store as well?  Lets all remember "Fire OS" is just Android, there's no reason it shouldn't have t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! s4 android app for spotify not working

Just says spotify has stopped working. Have tried uninstalling then putting back on but same. Anyone else getting this ?

• Casual Listener
  • Just says spotify has stopped working. Have tried uninstalling then putting back on but same. Anyone else getting this ?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes