Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify BETA for Android 4.0 User Interface...

Hi. Great Beta, works great...however, I hope to see a UI in black color just like the old one... hope the final release will give me that option. cheers

• Hi. Great Beta, works great...however, I hope to see a UI in black color just like the old one... hope the final release will give me that option. cheers
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Preview - No Album Art

Hi All.I've just installed the new Android Preview on my Motorola Atrix - which is running ICS.No problems downloading or installing. Everything works fine and looks great.Just one problem: there is no Album or Artist Art. Just the generic placeholde...

• Regular
  • Hi All. I've just installed the new Android Preview on my Motorola Atrix - which is running ICS. No problems downloading or installing. Everything works fine and looks great. Just one problem: the...
  • Mezzenine
  • Regular
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Specific songs blocked from offline sync?

I've enabled a playlist with some local tunes from my library in Windows. All songs are now 'not greyed out' , and also will play on my windows box when I click 'Offline Mode'. But the tune I concerned about still won't get pushed to my Android. Are ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've enabled a playlist with some local tunes from my library in Windows. All songs are now 'not greyed out' , and also will play on my windows box when I click 'Offline Mode'. But the tune I concern...
  • res0nat0r
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I'm a really pissed off customer.

I'm JVGO, and spotify sucks. How long is it going to take your developers to solve the offline problems we android tablet users are facing. Why are you snubbing us spotify, why? You release iOS updates like every other week but neglect android users ...

• I'm JVGO, and spotify sucks. How long is it going to take your developers to solve the offline problems we android tablet users are facing. Why are you snubbing us spotify, why? You release iOS updat...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs in the playlists on my phone are ordered by what order they were added to the playlist?

It's driving me crazy, and I can't find any songs. The only way I can fix it is by deleting every song from the playlist and then dragging the songs back in from my music folder. It's a pain. Shouldn't it organize itself on the mobile app?

• Casual Listener
  • It's driving me crazy, and I can't find any songs. The only way I can fix it is by deleting every song from the playlist and then dragging the songs back in from my music folder. It's a pain. Shouldn...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

info box with no words in comes up when I try to play music on android tablet

I have an Android tablet called and Asus Eee-pad.When I first downlaoaded spotify on it, the app worked fine. Then it stopped playing music and everytime you click on a song a box called 'info' pops up but with no information in it.Anyone else having...

• I have an Android tablet called and Asus Eee-pad.When I first downlaoaded spotify on it, the app worked fine. Then it stopped playing music and everytime you click on a song a box called 'info' pops ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck in offline mode?

What I currently do when this happens is create a new playlist from the spotify app (mobile). After this i'm instantly back online and able to everything I should be supposed to.Hope this helps anyone! Sorry if this has already been posted 100 times....

• Gig Goer
  • What I currently do when this happens is create a new playlist from the spotify app (mobile). After this i'm instantly back online and able to everything I should be supposed to. Hope this helps a...
  • momo
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

App keeps deleting saved offline songs

The app regularly deletes all my saved offline data - forcing me to resync all the songs over wifi from PC to phone which takes forver. It seems to have a mind of its own - I went to bed with all my songs and woke up without them - phone stayed charg...

• Regular
  • The app regularly deletes all my saved offline data - forcing me to resync all the songs over wifi from PC to phone which takes forver.   It seems to have a mind of its own - I went to bed wit...
  • Sonixuk
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy s2: logout issue.

So I have a galaxy s2. Recently upgraded to icecream sandwich, I have a premium account which I have had for years. I keep on getting logged out, quite a lot. I have no task manager apps nor anything that might interfere. I've tried reinstall but no ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have a galaxy s2. Recently upgraded to icecream sandwich, I have a premium account which I have had for years. I keep on getting logged out, quite a lot. I have no task manager apps nor anything...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify fills local playlist with their files instead

Hi, I have a local playlist and for some reason Spotify won't sync it. Instead, spotify syncs its own files, and the version with no curses at that. Has any one else had this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a local playlist and for some reason Spotify won't sync it. Instead, spotify syncs its own files, and the version with no curses at that. Has any one else had this problem?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Preview does not load on HTC One V - ICS. Closes with error 'Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped'

The version available from Google Play did not load at all. The preview Version brings up a blank white background screen with Spotify written on top left for a minute or so and then throws an error message 'Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped' Assist...

• Casual Listener
  •   The version available from Google Play did not load at all.   The preview Version brings up a blank white background screen with Spotify written on top left for a minute or so and then...
  • kwaters7
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a reason for such a different design for ICS??

Using the iPad version and ICS version on my 7.7 (no tablet version yet), I'm preplexed as to why the apps are so differant. Its clear from other apps that the iPad version could be replicated to ICS, but it isn't. Far less information is available o...

• Roadie
  • Using the iPad version and ICS version on my 7.7 (no tablet version yet), I'm preplexed as to why the apps are so differant.   Its clear from other apps that the iPad version could be replicat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Andriod Bug

EVERY time I want to add a song to one of my own playlist's from a friend's playlist - the whole goddamn thing crashes. Inevidabely. Listening to an awesome song, pressing menu, pressing song info, pressing add to playlist, selecting which playlist t...

• EVERY time I want to add a song to one of my own playlist's from a friend's playlist - the whole goddamn thing crashes. Inevidabely.   Listening to an awesome song, pressing menu, pressing son...
  • Richard
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird behavior on Samsung Nexus - freezing

If I toggle out of the app to other apps and try to come back, it opens up in play mode, but with no picture art and frozen. I have to close out each time and come back in from scratch. Anyone else having this issue?

• Roadie
  • If I toggle out of the app to other apps and try to come back, it opens up in play mode, but with no picture art and frozen. I have to close out each time and come back in from scratch. Anyone else h...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wired sync for ur android?

my laptop uses wired intrenet and my phone gets interent from merto pcs but i pluged my phone into my laptop with spotify running on both and i can sync my music ..can i sync my phone wired?

• Casual Listener
  • my laptop uses wired intrenet and my phone gets interent from merto pcs but i pluged my phone into my laptop with spotify running on both and i can sync my music ..can i sync my phone wired?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing when on WiFi

Hi,My Premium account stops playing most of the time when on HTC android and on WiFi. I have seen some posts on this but no proper solution..but it is quite irritating. Any help is welcome. Thanks

• Hi, My Premium account stops playing most of the time when on HTC android and on WiFi.   I have seen some posts on this but no proper solution..but it is quite irritating.   Any help i...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Motorola Xoom

Will the Spotify app work on a Motorola Xoom tablet? I have been wanting to purchase a tablet (not an iPad), but before I make my purchase, I want to be sure that Spotify will play correctly.

• Will the Spotify app work on a Motorola Xoom tablet?  I have been wanting to purchase a tablet (not an iPad), but before I make my purchase, I want to be sure that Spotify will play correctly.
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Preview not working for Nexus S on VZW

Several issues: After about a week of the app working it has now stopped. Symptoms: can open the app fine and get to playlists, but when i select one, there's no content in the list to play.The device does not say it's offline and the playlists aren'...

• Roadie
  • Several issues:   After about a week of the app working it has now stopped. Symptoms: can open the app fine and get to playlists, but when i select one, there's no content in the list to play....
  • politzer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio auf Handy

Hello! Is Spotify planning to enable the radio-function on mobile devices? If yes, when? Sorry, i found the solution:http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-Radio-on-Mobile/idi-p/929

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   Is Spotify planning to enable the radio-function on mobile devices? If yes, when?   Sorry, i found the solution: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-Radio-on...
  • harima
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting App to only sync song to offline mode when in a Wi-Fi zone

Hi Guys, I was wondering is there a way of setting the Android app so that is only download the song to the cacha for use in offline mode, when your mobile is in a wi-fi zone? This way it doesn't use up all my 3G data? Kind Regards Chris

• Hi Guys,   I was wondering is there a way of setting the Android app so that is only download the song to the cacha for use in offline mode, when your mobile is in a wi-fi zone? This way it do...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes