Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify starts playing on my phone when it connects to my cars bluetooth!

Spotify starts playing on my phone when it connects to my cars bluetooth!

Plan 
Premium

Free/Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Huawei P20 Pro

Operating System

Android 8 and 9

My Question or Issue

I just want to know WHY spotify starts up and playing automatically when my phone connects to my car!? Even if i dont listen to my aux input, it connects and start playing! So my phone will be in my pocket, streaming music by its own and me not listening to it and draining my battery!!

What **bleep** is this!? I can see im not the only one thats **bleep** about this, as it dates back to 2014 ish..!

Now instead of getting in my car and just drive, i have to get my phone out to unlock it and make spotify stop playing, then put it back before i go!
Yes, i can turn off bluetooth, but i use it for different things and just leave it on. 

The person responsible for this should have gotten fired.. This is the most stupid thing.. Or, it might be nice if i went into a store for 5 minutes, and it starts playing where i left.. But i like to control this my selfe! I dont always listen to music, so why the F does it start...!?

As you probably can tell i am pretty **bleep** off about this..
If this isnt getting fixed im canceling my subscription and move back to google play music.

Is it really not possible to turn this off?

1 Reply

If nobody can answer this, can someone pleace tell me WHERE i can get an email adress to ask my question directly to Spotify?

It seems that they make it really difficult to find it, if its even there.......!

Suggested posts