Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops casting at 9 seconds of play on Google home hub and also Lenovo smart display

Spotify stops casting at 9 seconds of play on Google home hub and also Lenovo smart display

Spotify stops casting after 9 seconds of play from the Google home hub and Lenovo smart display going to Android TV AKA Nvidia Shield. This has been happening for 8 months I've contacted Google I've contacted Spotify I've contacted Lenovo and nobody has an answer. The thing is I can use any other app and it cast completely fine even 4K YouTube videos but the Spotify stops after 9 seconds of play. It also happens from my tablets my cell phones and all my devices but yet I can manually cast fine. It only happens through voice commands oh, I don't know what else to do I've been migrating to other services because it's a no-win situation. No matter who I talk to they always tell me do the same things and it never helps.

I've added it and remove the app I've reset my router I've added and removed the app on the shield. Added and removed it from the Google home clear the cache a on all things and everything in between. Nothing works but what's weird 9 seconds every time. I don't know what else to do so I'm asking here anybody have any suggestions or ideas. Some settings on my router anything I could try? As I've said YouTube works fine, Google play music, Pandora, hulu and every other app. My shield is hardwired with a giga port going to TP 1750 AC router. I have a 500 megabyte per second connection to the internet. Usually all my devices in the home connect well over 200 to 300 megabytes per second. The routers only 15 ft from the Lenovo smart display with nothing blocking it. As I've said I troubleshooted everything I could going over these forums technical support from all and nothing's helped. Once in a blue moon it will play a few songs in a row then go back to 9 seconds it shows it still playing on my Lenovo smart display and that's like Frozen on my shield. Any help would do. Thank you

Any other info I'd gladly give it just chime in

0 Replies

Suggested posts